How many times have you drank fruit juices? How often do you eat your vegetables? Although we agree that doing both is quite healthy as fruits and vegetables are naturally good and contain all the vitamins and minerals needed by the body, we also need to consider that we might be doing it wrong! Why do you ask? Let’s find out why you should eat your fruits and juice your veggies!
Benefits of Eating Fruits Instead of Juicing Them
No doubt that juices nourish your body with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other nutrients. In its liquid form, all the nutrients of whole fruit will be readily available for your body to absorb, however, juicing removes some of the important nutrients which can be rescued by eating the whole fruit.
- Eating whole fruits provides your body with fiber that gets eliminated during the juicing process.
- A whole fruit protects you from the sensitivities that can be caused due to the heat generated by the juicer, ultimately decreasing the nutritional value of the fruit.
- Your blood sugar will not spike. Whole fruits are recommended for people with Diabetes
- Fibers present in whole fruits keep you full for longer and provides some relief from constipation
- As a snack, whole fruits relieve hunger pangs and the digestion process takes some time when compared to gulping down a juice in one go. Eventually, it helps in mindful eating and keeps us fuller for longer.
Benefits of Juicing Vegetables
Eating vegetables is good for your health. However, there are certain benefits of juicing them that you can incorporate in your daily diet for maximum health benefits.
- Juicing vegetables makes you incorporate more than one vegetable at a time.
- Juicing a large volume of vegetables will provide more vitamins than eating a green salad with just one or few veggies.
- Juices of some variety of vegetables are found to be more effective in lowering blood pressure and relaxing the muscles which line blood vessels.
- Vegetable juices may increase the speed of detoxifying your body as it is readily absorbed and digested.
- The water content and vitamins of some vegetables are lost during the cooking process. So juicing your vegetables can help in retaining these vitamins.
Points to Remember
- Our digestive system is designed to handle fiber and extract nutrients from a variety of foods, including whole fruits and vegetables.
- Modifications can be done anytime depending on your need, situation and availability.
- We need at least 5 servings of vegetables and 2 servings of fruit each day
- Vegetables and fruits of similar color generally contain similar protective compounds. In order to gain more benefits, it is best to choose fruits and vegetables of different color and variety.
We hope this article helps you make a healthy shift. Remember that there is no hard and fast rule to this. Do what works best for you but before following this, do consult your dietician or nutritionist.
For more on nutrition, fruits and veggies, check out Healthy Reads or ask a GOQii Coach by subscribing for personalised health coaching here: https://goqiiapp.page.link/bsr
Moni Thakur says
Such insightful blog.. amazing..
nice blog comment
Scolla Chennai says
I like these points in this Blog
“Your blood sugar will not spike. Whole fruits are recommended for people with Diabetes ”
“Juices of some variety of vegetables are found to be more effective in lowering blood pressure and relaxing the muscles which line blood vessels. ”
“We need at least 5 servings of vegetables and 2 servings of fruit each day ”
Great Blogger , You Have Focuses Visitors Medical Health
I went through your blog, it’s an excellent one. I recommend this blog if you want to know more about benefits of fruits and vegetables online. If you are looking to buy fresh fruits and vegetables online, visit Kadipata.
I read your blog, it an excellent blog. It tells us about the benefits of eating Fruits and vegetables. I recommend this blog, If you want to know more about the benefits of having fruits and vegetables. You can even buy fruits and vegetables Online now from Kadipata.
Emmeli Jeson says
You tell us about the benefits of the fruit. If one takes some fruit and vagitable He/She will fit for all day long. I am Researching for a couple of weeks for the fruits digest system. Various fruit takes various times to digest. Can anyone tell me? .2L banana juice gives us how much calories?