In my previous blog, we talked about the amazing Benefits of Fennel Seed Water. In this blog, I am going to tell you about different ways of using Fennel Seeds for good digestion, eyes, hair and skin.
Fennel Seeds contain many useful, active ingredients such as:
- Anethole: This is the main active ingredient of Fennel. It is antimicrobial (kills germs), mimics estrogen, and increases prolactin
- Flavonoids like Quercetin and Apigenin: These are antioxidant, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory
- Phenolic compounds such as Rosmarinic Acid and Chlorogenic Acids: These are antioxidant and anti-inflammatory
- Terpenes such as Fenchone and Limonene, which improve wound healing
- Water-soluble vitamins like Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C), Thiamine(vitamin B1), Riboflavin (vitamin b2), Niacin (vitamin B3), and Pyridoxine (vitamin B6)
- Fat-soluble vitamins such as vitamins A, E, and K
- Trace minerals and other elements like Aluminum, Barium, Calcium, Cadmium, Cobalt, Chromium, Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Nickel, Lead, Strontium, and Zinc
- Essential Amino Acids like Leucine, Isoleucine, Phenylalanine, and Tryptophan
- Dietary Fiber
Uses of Fennel Seeds:
a) Fennel Seeds after Meals: If you have acidity, indigestion problem, take ½ tsp of fennel seeds after meals. It helps in digesting food and reducing acidity.
b) Fennel Seeds Paste for Puffy Eyes: Make a paste by mixing Fennel Seeds Powder with cold water. Apply the paste under your eyes and wait for 5-7 minutes. Rinse with cold water and you’ll notice the difference immediately.
c) Fennel Seeds Paste for Acne: Make a paste of Fennel Seeds powder, Honey and Yoghurt. Apply the paste on the affected areas and let it sit for a good 10-15 minutes. Next, rinse with cold water.
d) Fennel Seeds Water for Hair Fall: Boil some water with a few spoons of Fennel Seeds in it. Once boiled, strain the water and let it cool down. Next, rinse your hair thoroughly with the water. Repeat this twice a week for quick results.
e) Fennel Seeds Paste to Hydrate Itchy Scalp: Make a paste of Fennel Seeds Powder with Yoghurt and apply the paste evenly on your scalp. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes before rinsing it off.
f) Fennel Seeds & Oatmeal Anti-Aging Mask: Take 1 tablespoon of fennel seeds, 2 tablespoons of oatmeal, and 1/4 cup of boiled water and mix well. Apply this mask on your face and leave it on for 20 minutes.
g) Fennel Seeds as Mouth-Freshener: Roast Fennel Seeds with equal quantities of Fenugreek and store it in a jar. Use this mix as a mouth-freshener. This mix can be used as a replacement for your sugar cravings – extremely helpful for Diabetics.
h) Fennel Seeds Toner for Puffy Eyes: Take 2 tsp of Fennel Seeds and ¼ cup of hot water, combine them and let the mixture steep for 10 minutes, strain and pour in an airtight container , keep refrigerated for up to one week .
i) Fennel Seeds to Improve Eyesight: Take 100gm each of Fennel Seeds, Almonds, Rock Sugar and grind them well in a mixer. Have 10gm of this mixture every night before bedtime you will notice your eyesight getting better.
How to Store:
Store dry Fennel Seeds as you do in case of other seeds. Place whole seeds in a clean, air-seal container and store in a cool, humid-free and dark place. Ground and powdered Fennel Seeds should be stored in the refrigerator in airtight containers and should be used sooner since it loses flavor quickly due to evaporation of its essential oils.
I hope these suggestions are useful to you and will help you utilize this versatile seeds better.
How do you use Fennel Seeds? Let us know in the comments below! For further information or guidance, reach out to our certified experts by subscribing to GOQii’s Personalised Health Coaching here.