Breakfast, widely considered as the day’s most important meal, is often skipped due to various reasons. Usually, mornings in most households are a little chaotic, as people roll out of their beds, feeling hungry. This is because of fasting all through the night with the need to eat something good, to get refuelled for an active morning.
Though patience is a virtue, it’s not true for many, especially picky eaters. Difficulties add up when breakfast options are limited and almost the same thing is served every day! So here are some quick healthy and nutritious breakfast ideas to satisfy your taste buds each morning.
1. Omelette Muffin: Unlike scrambled eggs that have become a little boring, this is identical to an omelette, but in the shape of a muffin. You can make a batch earlier night and simply grab it.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin cups or lines with paper liners.
- Beat eggs together in a large bowl. Mix cheese, shredded chicken, bell pepper, onion, salt, black pepper and water to the beaten eggs.
- Bake in the preheated oven until muffins are set in the minute for 18-20 minutes.
- Banana Bites
This is one of the quickest breakfast sandwiches with or without bread! Simply use banana slices to sandwich your seed butter or nut butter of your choice.
- Toast whole/multigrain bread slices.
- Apply peanut butter/ seed butter of your choice on it.
- Slice banana into small pieces and place it on the spread.
- Sandwich with another toasted bread.
- WHOLE GRAIN PANCAKES
Almost every family loves pancakes which can be kept in the refrigerator for microwaving during busy mornings.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup oil (vegetable or canola oil)
- Add wheat flour and milk to a blender and blend on high for 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth,.
- Cook on a hot greased griddle for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. (The batter will be very thin and you may start to question my judgment, but a few minutes later you would see they will puff up, and perfectly light and tender.)
- Serve hot or prepare the batter ready in the fridge and toss it in the morning for hot steaming pancakes.
- FRENCH TOAST STICKS
You only need to make the French toasts, cut each of them into four strips and serve with the dip of your choice.
- Whisk the eggs and skimmed milk together in a bowl.
- Dip each piece of bread into the egg mixture and then press gently into the cereal, turning to coat completely.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat, cook the coated breadsticks in melted butter until golden, about 4 minutes each side.
- Serve with a healthy dip such as Strawberry Yogurt Dipping Sauce.
5. OATS AND HONEY BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE
A perfect glass to start your day by just blending all things together.
- Add ripe pear, ripped and peeled banana, boiled porridge oats, honey, yogurt in a blender and blend on high 5 minutes.
- Add ice cubes if required.
- Garnish with Roasted oats.
BENEFITS OF HEALTHY BREAKFAST
- Weight Control: It can lower your hunger throughout the day and help you choose healthy foods at other meals.
- Improved Concentration: It keeps you productive and alert throughout the morning, by improving your attention span, creativity, problem-solving skills and concentration.
- Sticking to a Healthy Diet: When you eat a healthy breakfast regularly, you are more likely to stick to a healthier day. It acts as an encouragement to have the next meal balanced too.