Is preparing evening snacks a challenge for you? If you haven’t figured out what you’ll be eating today, this Fruit and Chia Salad with Nuts is perfect! This healthy recipe is filling and it will satisfy your sweet tooth as well. It can also be served as a cold dessert to beat the heat!
- Apple/Banana/Ripe Mango – 1 medium size chopped
- Strawberries – 5-6
- Kiwi – 1 medium size chopped
- Chia seeds – 1 tbsp
- Almond milk/ Coconut milk/ Low-fat milk – ½ cup (100 ml)
- Honey – 1 tsp
- Walnuts (4 halves), almonds (5), Pista (5), Cashews (4)
- Cinnamon powder
- Chop all the nuts roughly
- Heat a pan and roast the chopped nuts for 3-4 minutes on low to medium flame to make them brittle and crunchy
- Take 100ml low-fat milk/ coconut milk/ almond milk, add 1 tablespoon of chia seeds, pinch of cinnamon powder and 1 tsp of honey in it
- Allow this mixture to stay in refrigerator overnight or for 8-10 hours to allow the chia seeds to swell up
- Take a mason jar or a glass and start layering
- Add chopped mangoes to base and add milk + chia seeds mixture on it to cover the mangoes
- To this, add the chopped kiwi and again add milk + chia seeds mixture on it
- Top this with chopped strawberries and again some milk + chia seeds mixture
- Add the roasted nuts on top
Please Note: If you’re allergic to nuts, replace them with seeds.
Highlights of the Fruit and Chia Salad Recipe
- Chia seeds are very rich in omega 3 fatty acids and fiber which makes this snack very filling
- You can add seasonal fruits of your own choice and get all the seasonal nutrients
- This will give a variation to your normal fruit intake
Did you like this fruit and chia salad with nuts recipe? Have you already tried it out? Share a pic on social media or the GOQii Arena and tag us! You can find more healthy recipes here.
To get more advice on recipes, nutrition and diet tips from an expert, subscribe to GOQii’s Personalised Health Coaching here.