Right now, you’re probably experiencing a lot of boredom being in lockdown for this long. No doubt that we’re all dealing with it the best way we can as most of us aren’t used to being idle at home. Another way to look at this is that you get to spend more time with family! So, instead of getting anxious about this situation, let’s see how we can turn all that idle time into something productive!
8 Ideas To Drive Away The Lockdown Boredom
- Start Your Skincare Routine: Instead of staring at screens all day, give your eyes some rest and your skin some relaxation! Try out homemade masks, ice packs, scrubs 3-4 times a week or intensify your night skin routine.
- Cover Your Sleep Debt and take more rest. Sleep for an extra hour and you can ask everyone at home to do the same. If you’re wondering what sleep debt is, read this article: https://goqii.com/blog/tips-to-sleep-better/
- Awaken Your Inner Chef: Trust me, it’s a pleasurable experience. If you want some easy, healthy recipes, check out the articles we’ve published so far on Healthy Reads. Take charge of the kitchen and toss up something yummy!
- Tune In to Tune Out: Update your music playlist and move to the groove while doing your household chores. Have an instrument lying around? Pick it up and learn to play! We’re going to be starting some music classes on GOQii Play so keep an eye and ear out for that.
- Game More: Playing cards, housie, name-place-animal-thin, antakshari, karaoke – the possibilities are endless when you think of it. Nothing like the good old games to bring your family together and drive away the boredom clouds of gloom!
- Re-arrange Your Cupboard: Cupboards are never too tidy. Probably iron your clothes, separate old and new clothes. Keep aside some clothes which you think you can donate. It will keep you occupied and help you declutter for sure!
- Meditate! Meditate! Meditate: Say Aum from your Home! Organize a family meditation hour. You can tune in to GOQii’s Guided Meditation feature in the app or follow our experts on GOQii Play for a session full of bliss, relaxation and who knows – possibly enlightenment too! You can also practice Pranayama and other Breathing Techniques.
- Develop a Healthy Habit: Working on ourselves is a continuous process. It’s the right time to develop a healthy habit or discontinue a bad one. Probably you could start reading, do a mobile detox or take your home workouts to the next level.
There are many ways you can beat boredom at home. What are you doing to keep boredom away? Let us know in the comments below.
For more on nutrition, exercise, meditation and recipes – in fact, most of the tips above can all be found on GOQii Play. Download the app now!
Stay home, stay safe and #BeTheForce