Have you been craving for some delicious chinese food? Well, we’ve got an exciting recipe for you! Satisfy your cravings with this delicious Chinese Quinoa Pulao recipe that’s a healthy twist on fried rice!
What You Will Need
- Quinoa – 1 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Soya sauce – 1 tsp
- Red chilli sauce – 1 tsp
- Oil/Ghee – 2 tsp
- Mixed vegetables (carrot, green beans, cabbage and capsicum) – 2 cups
- Chopped onion – 1 medium
- Chopped garlic pods – 3
- Chopped green chilli – 1
How To Prepare
- ,Heat a pan with one tsp of oil/ghee
- Add soaked, rinsed and strained quinoa.
- Let it roast for a minute on a medium flame and keep stirring it.
- Now add two cups of water to it and salt to taste.
- Once it starts boiling, turn the flame on low, cover and cook it for 10 to 15 minutes. Keep checking to prevent burning.
- After 15 minutes, switch the flame off and keep it covered for 5 minutes so it gets steam cooked. After 5 minutes check if the quinoa is cooked and not sticking to the pan.
- Next we take another pan and add a spoon of oil to it. Once the oil is heated, add 2-3 garlic pods and chopped onion.
- Slowly add chopped vegetables, a little salt and cover it for a minute till all vegetables are cooked but still crunchy.
- Now add 1 tsp soya sauce, one tsp red chili sauce and half tsp black pepper powder. Give it all a mix.
- Finally, add the cooked quinoa and stir it all well. Your Chinese Quinoa Pulao is ready!
Please Note: Quinoa has high quantities of saponin coatings on the outside of the kernel which is bitter to taste. So it’s very important to rinse it well after soaking it for at least 10-20 minutes. 1 cup of dry quinoa will give almost 3 cups of cooked quinoa.
Highlights of the Chinese Quinoa Pulao Recipe
- It is a good one pot meal consisting of proportionate carbs, protein, fiber and fat.
- It will give you a healthy satiety for your cravings for restaurant style Chinese food, without any guilt.
- Suitable for balanced dinners, for weight loss, diabetics, PCOS and muscle builders as well.
- This dish is excellent for vegetarians as they have to rely upon good sources of plant protein and quinoa is complete protein as it has all the essential amino acids which the body is unable to make itself
We hope you try and enjoy this delicious Chinese Quinoa Pulao recipe! Do leave your thoughts and feedback in the comments below! For more Healthy Recipes, check out Healthy Reads or you can ask a GOQii Coach directly by subscribing for personalized coaching here: https://goqiiapp.page.link/bsr
Very helpful and tasty!!
Kriti Bhatia says
Loving your recipe from the heart and how detailed you are with your recipes.. trying to eat healthier and your blog has been an incredible resource for me.
Keep up the good work and share more such recipes with us 😊
Britasia Doctors says
IT’S REALLY HELPFUL & INFORMATIVE ARTICLE. JUST LOVE IT!