Before I begin with this amazing liquid sweet recipe, did you check out my healthy Diwali recipe on Dates Roll with Seeds? If not, do check and try it out. In this recipe, we’ll be preparing Anjeer (Figs) ki Kheer. If you like kheer, you will most definitely love this recipe. It is quick to prepare, rich in flavor and full of nourishment!
Let’s get started!
What You Will Need:
- Almonds (Soaked and Peeled) – 10
- Cashews (Soaked) – 10
- Figs (Soaked) – 12
- Almonds (Finely Chopped) – 5
- Pistachios (Finely Chopped) – 5
- Walnuts (Finely Chopped) – 5
- Figs (Finely Chopped) – 2
- Milk – 500ml
- Saffron – 10-15 threads soaked in milk
- Ghee – 2 tbsp.
- Jaggery Sugar / coconut sugar/ jaggery – 2 tbsp.
How to Prepare:
- Soak the nuts for 3-4 hours.
- After removing the soaked water, make a dry coarse paste of soaked almonds and cashews using a mixer. Remove it in a bowl.
- Now, add the soaked figs along with 2 tbsp. of water and make a fine paste using a mixer, remove it in a bowl.
- In a pan, heat 2 tbsp. ghee and add the coarse paste of almonds and cashews. Sauté it on low flame for 4-5 mins until the color has changed and it becomes aromatic.
- Now it is time to add the figs paste to the pan. Sauté it continuously for the next 3-4 minutes.
- Once done, add 500ml of milk and allow it to boil on medium flame for 5-6 minutes and add 2 tbsp. of jaggery sugar or jaggery to it.
- Also add the saffron and chopped almonds, pistachio, walnuts and figs in the kheer.
- Give it a boil and your Anjeer ki Kheer is ready to be served.
Highlights of the Anjeer Ki Kheer Recipe
- Despite being a low calorie dessert, it still satisfies the sweet tooth.
- Figs are a great source of antioxidants, calcium, iron, magnesium and copper.
- This recipe is nutritious for pregnant women and children especially.
We hope you enjoy this Anjeer ki Kheer recipe just as much as we enjoyed writing it for you! Wish you and your family a happy and joyous Diwali!
Stay Safe, Stay Healthy and #BeTheForce