In my previous article, I shared a healthy Falhari Dhokla recipe. As promised, I am going to share another yummy recipe you can make and enjoy with your family this festive season! Falhari Cheela is kind of pancake made from a combination of Singhara Atta (Water Chestnut Flour) and Kuttu ka Atta (Buckwheat Flour).
These flours contain many health benefits and nutrients such as protein, calcium and vitamins which keep one energetic during fasting. The batter is spiced up with Indian spices and finely chopped green chillies.
How to Prepare Falhari Cheela
What you will need:
- Kuttu ka Atta (Buckwheat Flour) – ½ cup
- Singhara ka Atta (Water Chestnut Flour) – ½ cup
- Chopped Green Chilli – 1
- Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Jeera (Cumin) – 2 teaspoon
- Haldi (Turmeric Powder) – ½ tsp
- Black Pepper Powder – 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Ghee (for cooking)
- In a bowl, add the flour, chopped chilli along with coriander leaves, jeera, haldi, balck pepper and salt.
- Mix the batter with enough water to get a pouring consistency.
- Heat a non-stick pan and pour a ladle of batter and spread it evenly like a pancake. Do not spread the batter a lot, as it would then stick to the pan.
- Add a teaspoon of ghee on the sides of cheela and spread some sesame seeds to add a crunchy flavor.
- Cook on both sides for about 2 minutes until done.
- Serve the hot Falhari Cheela with Tamatar ki Chutney (Tomato Chutney) or Coconut Peanut Chutney.
Highlights of the Recipe
- Falhari Cheela is perfect for breakfast or dinner. It is filling and easy to digest.
- The oil/ghee used is minimum, as it is not fried.
This Navratri, let’s take a pledge to eat as healthy as possible. For tips on how to stay healthy during Navratri, ask a GOQii Coach by subscribing for personalized health coaching here: https://goqiiapp.page.link/bsr
Do you have a special healthy Navratri recipe? Share it with us in the comments below!
THANKS FOR SHARING. GONNA TRY IT SOON