Dandruff and subsequent hair fall problems are like a plague. Despite the use of a myriad of shampoos, conditioners and serums, sometimes these problems just don’t go away. While you might be burning through your pocket to find a solution that works, have you tried making your own oil? Oiling your hair regularly is a fantastic way to keep your hair healthy and strong. In fact, homemade hair oil works better! It’s ideal for men and women and is a one-stop solution to all your hair problems! Most importantly, it is easy to make and light on the pocket.
How To Make Your Own Homemade Hair Oil
We can make homemade hair oil by mixing 2 oils, one base oil which is easily available like coconut oil and the second oil is a supplement oil that can be castor oil. You will need to add some herbs like amla, fenugreek seeds, nigella seeds, etc. This oil acts as a tonic for your hair and rids you from many hair problems like hair fall, dandruff, dry scalp, premature greying, dull and rough hair, etc.
- 200g extra virgin Coconut Oil
- 50g Castor Oil
- 2 tbsp Amla Pieces (Dried)
- 1 tbsp Fenugreek Seeds (Methi Dana)
- 1 tsp Nigella Seeds ( Kalonji)
- 10-12 Curry leaves (Dried)
- 8-10 Holy basil (Tulsi) leaves (Dried)
- 8-10 Hibiscus flowers
How to Make and Use the Oil
- Take an Iron pan and add coconut oil, dried amla, fenugreek seeds and nigella seeds, all types of leaves etc.
- Heat it for 10-12 minutes on medium flame.
- After some time, dried amla pieces will swell, Fenugreek seeds, nigella seeds and curry leaves too will turn black in colour.
- Turn the flame off and let it cool down. If possible leave it like this for a day or two.
- Once done, strain it. Though, I do not strain it and prefer it as it is.
- Mix castor oil in it and store in an airtight, wide-mouthed bottle because during winters the oil gets hard and might be difficult to remove.
- Shake well before using and massage gently 2-3 times in a week with this oil.
- It’s better to heat it a little before applying.
- After massaging, give hot towel treatment to your hair for more effective results.
Amazing Benefits of the Ingredients
- Coconut oil: moisturizes dry hair, adds lustre and shine to the hair and prevents hair loss and split ends.
- Castor oil: works as a natural hair conditioner to keep hair and scalp healthy.
- Fenugreek seeds: helps in treating scalp issues like dryness, baldness and thinning of hair.
- Nigella Seeds: promote hair growth, give shine and lustre to hair texture and reduce premature greying of hair.
- Tulsi and Curry leaves: help in treating dandruff and itchy scalp problems, conditions hair and stimulates hair growth. It also strengthens hair follicles.
- Hibiscus flowers: boost hair growth, stimulate regrowth from bald patches and treat hair fall.
Anyone irrespective of gender and age can use this hair oil to improve hair health and cure hair problems.
Caution: Some hair shed is normal when you oil your hair. All these will be dead or weak hair. No need to worry. With regular massage using this magic homemade hair oil, a lot of new hair will grow, your hair fall will be controlled and texture your hair will also improve.
Switch to regularly oiling your hair. It is essential and along with regular massage, eat a balanced diet. We hope this article on homemade hair oil helps you beat hair issues and say goodbye to stress, harsh chemicals and hair dyes! Do leave your thoughts in the comments below!
For more topics on hair health, check out Healthy Reads or speak to an expert by subscribing for GOQii’s Personalised Health Coaching here: https://goqiiapp.page.link/bsr
Very useful advice. Thanks for this valuable information 😊
Sister can I buy directly
Actually, there are scientific facts, that there is nothing to make your hair grow faster. Hair grows as it does. 4 – 6 inches a year. Google it. 🙁
Great blog ,i used onion hair oil with natural ingredient hibiscus in natural infusions and by using this product i got a good hair growth
Basket Random says
Excellent suggestion. Thanks for sharing this useful knowledge.
basket random says
Your post has given us a new perspective to work better.