It is 4 o’ clock in the evening and you are thinking about what to have for your evening snacks? Something which will serve the taste buds and is healthy too. Right?
Also, you’re “hunger hormone” levels rise and your “satiety hormone” levels drop in the evening. Hence it is important to bridge the gap between your lunch & dinner with a filling evening snack. Also, this habit will help you keep your dinner lighter which is ideal.
So if you’re bored of having fruits, buttermilk, nuts, peanuts, chana, etc. for your snacks, here are some easy healthy options to quench your hunger.
- Open bread sandwich: Take 1 slice of multi-grain bread, apply green chutney to it and arrange slices of tomato, potato, cucumber, beetroot, etc. on it. And do not close it with one more slice of bread, just shred some Paneer to it and enjoy the fibrous meal.
2. Rice oats cutlets: if you have leftover rice from lunch, try this out. Take 1 cup boiled rice and add ½ cup of roasted oats, add some crushed salad or finely chopped vegetables like onions, cabbage, carrot, beetroot, etc. Add some ginger chilli paste, salt, garam masala, red chilli powder and turmeric powder. Make small flat cutlets out of this batter and roast with some oil on a pan. Enjoy them hot with green chutney or curd.
3. Masala khakhra: take 1 khakhra and add finely chopped tomato, onion, cucumber and coriander on the khakhra. Squeeze some lemon on it and sprinkle rock salt on it. Quick and best.
4. Dates oats Ladoo: take 1 cup of seedless dates and crush them with a fork, add ½ cup of roasted ground oats, 2 tbsp of honey or jaggery and 2 tbsp of mix nuts powder. Best energy supplier. You can carry 2 of them along with your lunch tiffin to have in the evening.
5. Mix fruits with curd: give some variety to your regular fruits with this. Take 1 cup of mix fruits of your choice, add 1 cup of yoghurt or hung curd to the fruits, add 1 tsp flax seeds, 5-6 crushed walnuts and 1 tsp of honey.
6. Peanut/chana/ mung chat: boil pulse of your own choice, add finely chopped onion, tomatoes, carrot, capsicum, etc, squeeze some lemon juice on it and sprinkle some rock salt and garnish with coriander seeds. Best to satisfy your hunger hormones.
7. Spinach omelette: If you are an egg lover and want some variety, try this one. Blanch 1 cup of spinach in hot water and transfer it to cold water. Take 2 eggs, add the spinach, 1 tsp of ginger chilli paste, and add salt and some black pepper. Make an omelette in a pan and enjoy it hot.
8. Roti Pizza: Oh yes! Take your wheat roti and apply pasta sauce if you have or ketchup and chilli sauce mixture. Add chopped onions, tomatoes, olives, lettuce, olives, and all the veggies you find in your fridge. Top it with cheese, panner, chilli flakes, oregano, mix herbs and bake it in the oven or on a pan. Enjoy.
Abbreviations: 1 cup = 200ml, 1 tsp = 5 ml, 1 tbsp = 15 ml.
Pooja Gandhi says
Urvii Gohil, This is amazing!
I am saving this for sure as my snack options. You are a savior for this:D