Some people believe that it is difficult for a vegetarian to meet their daily requirement of protein. Well, if you’re a vegetarian who has been facing this issue, we have a fun recipe for you! Try these special Protein Tikkis. As these Protein Tikkis are made using soya chunks, your daily protein intake is guaranteed. What’s more? They absolutely delicious and healthy as well! Give it a try!
What You Will Need
- Soya Chunks – 1 cup
- Chilly Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1 medium sized
- Semolina – 2 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Coriander – ½ cup
- Chat Powder – ¼ tsp
- Finely Chopped Carrot – 2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Garam masala – ¼ tsp
How to Prepare Protein Tikkis
- Soak 1 cup of soya chunks in hot water for an hour.
- After an hour, squeeze excess water from the soya chunks and keep them aside.
- In a mixer/blender add the soaked soya chunks, 2 tbsp of chilly garlic paste and salt to make a smooth mixture.
- Remove it in a big bowl and add onion, carrot, coriander, semolina, chat masala and garam masala. Give this a quick shake and mix well.
- Using your palms make flat small tikkis and refrigerate them for 10 minutes.
- On a pan, brush some oil and place the tikkis on it. Once golden brown, turn it up and cook well on other side too.
- Your hot, tasty protein tikkis are ready to eat with some green chutney
Highlights of the Protein Tikkis
- Soya bean is known to have higher biological value protein which is well absorbed.
- It is extremely satiating in a small portion size.
- You can have it as a side dish or as a main meal with some salad.
Do try these healthy and delicious Protein Tikkis! Which recipe would you like to see us prepare next? Leave your suggestions in the comments below!