The monsoons have begun and eating nutritious home cooked meals might be the best option for your health. As we understand that your regular food might get boring, adding a little twist would make things more interesting for you. So let’s begin by preparing this delicious and healthy Idli Sandwich.
What You Will Need
- Idli Batter – 500 g
- Boiled & crushed corn – 2 tbsp
- Finely chopped capsicum – 2 tbsp
- Finely chopped onion – 2 tbsp
- Grated carrot – 2 tbsp
- Paneer – 50 gm
- Finely chopped coriander – 1 tbsp
- Green chilli paste – 1 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Chat masala – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Sesame seeds – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Green chutney – ½ cup
How To Prepare
- Add water in a steamer and put it to boil. Grease a plate with oil and pour 2 big spoons of batter on the plate and spread evenly. Sprinkle some red chilli powder and black pepper powder over it. Put the plate in the hot steamer and allow it to cook.
- Once done, remove the plate and allow it to cool. Cut the cooked idli batter in a round shape using a mold. Make all the idlis in similar fashion.
- Take a mixing bowl and add corn, capsicum, onion, carrot, paneer, coriander, green chilli paste, chat masala, salt and mix everything well.
- Now, let us start making the sandwich. Take two idlis, spread green chutney on one side of both the idlis and in-between place the prepared stuffing.
- On a pan, pour in some oil. After the oil heats up, add in the mustard seeds & sesame seeds. After they start crackling up, place the prepared sandwich on it.
- After it is golden brown on one side, flip it over and cook the other side.
- Our hot idli sandwich is ready! Enjoy it with chutney.
Note: You can also use your left over idlis to make these. Just cut the idli from the middle, stuff and grill.
Highlights of the Idli Sandwich recipe
- It’s a sandwich recipe without the processed bread – which means it is automatically healthier!
- Very rich in fiber & proteins – which make them super filling.
- It makes the traditional idlis two times more nutritious with the addition of vegetables.
We hope you try this Idli Sandwich recipe and share your experience with us. Do upload your pics on social media and tag us! For more healthy recipes, check out Healthy Reads. To get more advice on recipes, nutrition and diet tips, ask a GOQii Coach by subscribing for personalized health coaching here: https://goqiiapp.page.link/bsr
Eat Healthy and #BeTheForce
Leave a Reply