The festivities might be over but that doesn’t mean you can’t treat yourself to some tasty, healthy and absolutely delicious dessert! Here’s a dates and nuts custard that you can eat guilt-free. It is easy to make and completely sugar-free. This recipe can be made with basic ingredients in your kitchen. Let’s get started!
What You Will Need
- Seedless dates – 1 cup
- Hot boiled milk – 1 cup
- Cold milk – 2 cups
- Banana – 1
- Vanilla essence – 1 tbsp
- Mix dry fruits (cashew, almonds, walnuts, pistachios) – 1 cup
- Raisins – ½ cup
- Sliced strawberries – ½ cup
- Corn flour – ½ cup
- Desiccated coconut – ½ cup
- Cinnamon powder – 2 tbsp
How To Prepare
- Soak 1 cup of dates in boiled milk for 30 minutes.
- In a blender, add cold milk, 1 banana, soaked dates along with milk and vanilla essence. Blend till smooth.
- Strain the contents in a big bowl to get rid of unwanted lumps.
- Now, add in the corn flour and mix it very well to a fine batter.
- Heat a pan and pour the contents, stir continuously until it is thick and reduces the moisture but is still a little runny.
- Place the serving bowls and let us start plating.
- First layer the bowl with dates and milk custard, sprinkle some cinnamon powder, add the desiccated coconut, place the mix nuts generously. Add a few raisins and top it up with 3-4 slices of strawberry.
- Allow this to set in the fridge or even outside if the temperature is cool, for 20-30 minutes. Your Date and Nuts Custard is ready!
Highlights of the Dates and Nuts Custard Recipe
- The custard has zero sugar and hence, it is a very healthy, guilt-free dessert.
- It has the goodness of nuts and fruits.
- A cup of this custard is rich in fiber, calcium, iron and healthy fats.
- Great for weight watchers to indulge in.
We hope you enjoy this Dates and Nuts Custard recipe. Do try it out and leave your feedback in the comments below. For more healthy recipes, check out Healthy Reads or tune in to cooking sessions on GOQii Play.