Bad breath always turns people off. No amount of intelligence, beauty, or high fashion sense can make up for bad breath. It negatively affects all aspects of your life and turns you into a person who’s insecure with low self-esteem and no self-confidence at all. Imagine all the business deals and relationship opportunities you’ve missed because of your bad breath. Why suffer from this miserable condition? It’s time to take action and get rid of your bad breath. You can continue covering up those nasty odours or you can take action now to finally address your problem.
What is Morning Breath?
Morning breath is also called dragon breath or Halitosis. When food particles while eating, grind into small particles, it halts on the surface of the tongue, between the teeth or gum tissue. The bacteria in your mouth will break down those food particles which releases bad breath in the morning.
What Causes It?
- Dryness in the mouth due to reduced saliva production at night or not drinking enough water through the day.
- An unhealthy diet filled with salt, sugar, strong tasting foods like onion, garlic and fish, if the particles of food remain within the mouth in between your teeth.
- Sugary diuretic drinks like tea or coffee or packed juice/soda or alcoholic beverages are additionally a standard reason for bad breath.
- Nicotine products like cigarettes and tobacco also cause bad breath.
- Medication like antacids, antibiotics leading to dryness in the mouth.
Serious health conditions which cause it include:
- Diabetes Mellitus (DM) also can contribute to bad morning breath.
- Gut issues like IBS, Pylori infection, gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GERD) due to regurgitation of undigested food which can cause bad breath.
- Liver & Kidney Disorders provides you foul ammoniac breath.
- Respiratory disorders –like Pneumonia & Bronchitis like the formation of pus.
How Can You Prevent Bad Breath?
- Hydration: Drink more water to moisten your mouth saliva before going to sleep at night. Keep a bottle on your nightstand just in case you wake up thirsty.
- Good oral hygiene: Brushing 30 min after a meal & before bedtime for a minimum of two minutes. It’s imperative to get rid of the food particles.
- Tidy your tongue: Give your tongue a fast cleaning with a tongue scraper within the morning or evening after an extended day. Preferably used copper/tin scraper which has bacteria resistance properties.
- Oil Pulling: Every morning on an empty stomach put 1 tablespoon of cold-pressed oil within the mouth. You can use cold-pressed coconut oil/sesame oil for this purpose. Avoid using refined oil. Swish this oil within the mouth for 10 minutes then spit the oil out. This may assist you to scale back toxin not only from the mouth but also detoxify the body. Microorganism in our body is roofed with lipids (fat) so when spit the oil out the bacteria waste alongside the oil is pulled out from the digestion tract. It gives whiter teeth, fresh breath & overall healthiness. Check out other benefits of Oil Pulling here.
- Keep track of late evening/night meals: Avoid late-night snacks or sugar-rich desserts which promote bacterial growth and make your mouth acidic. Try to not eat at least 2-3 hours before bedtime. Minimize foods with strong-smell and high sulphur content like garlic, onions and boiled eggs that cause bad breath.
- Reduced smoking & tobacco use can improve your overall health. Chewing on fennel seeds cloves, chewing twigs like using the bark of Neem Datun are traditional practices. It helps your saliva pH+ by making more alkaline due to antibacterial properties, reducing dental cavities and bad breath.
If you suffer from bad breath, do try these suggestions. If the issue still persists, check with your dentist right away! For more useful information like this, check out Healthy Reads or tune in to LIVE sessions by experts on GOQii Play!