Stress, poor diet and a sedentary lifestyle can have serious long-term health consequences. High blood pressure and high cholesterol are just two among many of the consequences of not treating your body well. Just know that even during the current times, you can make a positive U-turn and get active! Try yoga for good heart health!
How Does Yoga Help Heart Health?
Yoga, as a practice, emphasizes on breath, focus and meditation. Apart from building awareness of your mind and body, yoga also helps heart health by boosting blood circulation, keeping blood pressure in check and relieving stress.
Let’s take a look at 7 Asanas you must practice for good heart health.
1. Virabhadrasana or The Warrior Pose boosts energy in the body and mitigates stress. It is ideal for heart patients as it keeps blood pressure in check.
2. Sukhasana greatly improves the breathing pattern, which in turn enhances blood circulation.
3. Uttanasana helps relax the muscles and eases the mind. It lowers high blood pressure and ensures that your heart remains healthy!
4. Setu Bandhasana or The Bridge Pose is an excellent yoga asana for heart patients as it improves blood circulation, lowers blood pressure level, and stretches chest muscles. It can lessen depression, stress, and anxiety too.
5. Trikonasana or Triangular Pose relaxes the mind and calms down anxiety levels. This pose also opens and strengthens the chest area, and improves the digestive system.
6. Shavasana is another ideal asana for heart patients. This asana helps in repairing cells and tissues. It reduces blood pressure and assists in developing a better balance of the air element in the body.
7. Bhujangasana or The Cobra Pose is good for heart patients as it expands the chest area and relaxes muscles. As a result, blood circulation gets better and the heart feels reinvigorated.
In my practice, these Asanas are beneficial! But, before you begin practice, consult your doctor or physician especially if you have had any major/minor surgeries or other health issues. If you’re a beginner, check out some of these Myths and Facts about Yoga. For live sessions on yoga, practice with experts on GOQii Pro within the GOQii App, who will guide you on the correct form and posture in real time.
We hope this article has helped you. Do leave your thoughts in the comments below!
Yog mandir says
Nice! very informative blog post… we hope you continue to post such info!!
AYM Goa says
I am really happy to say it’s an interesting post to read.. you are doing a great job. Keep it up
Exercise that increases the heart rate isn’t the only thing you can do to boost your cardiovascular health. Stress management is also important for your heart’s overall health. The capacity to calm the body and mind is yoga’s most obvious benefit to heart health. It’s very worth it to use gummies for stress relief and to get strenght ! Thank you for writing such an interesting blog!! – Nidra Nutrition