We all want that lean body, six-packs and look absolutely stunning all the time. But, the one thing that always gets in the way is excess fat! It never leaves us, clinging on to the body like moss on stone. The funny part is that no matter how much you sweat on cardio, it doesn’t seem to help. Before you begin thinking there is no absolute solution, let me ask you if you’ve heard of weight training?
Before I get to telling you how weight training helps, let’s clear some misconceptions. It is a myth that weight training only bulks you up. People believe that one becomes heavy and bulky, especially women but that’s not true. Don’t worry, it won’t turn you into the Hulk. Secondly, for weight loss people often turn to cardio while neglecting weight training but that’s not the right route to go. Want to know why?
5 Benefits of Weight Training
- It Makes You Burn Fat: When you lift weights, you will be building muscles. Muscles require less space than fat. A person with more muscles may weigh the same as that of a person with more fat but the muscular person will definitely look much skinnier and toned.
- Protection From Injuries: Weight lifting makes the skeletal system strong. Not only bones, but muscles, tendons, ligaments and connective tissues as well. Strengthening these helps in preventing injuries and also reduces the risk for osteoporosis as it strengthens the bones too!
- Major Boost to Self-Confidence: Lifting weights improves overall physique of both men and women by building more lean muscle. It improves one’s body image. Imagine seeing a leaner and toned you in the mirror. Wouldn’t that boost your self-confidence? This in essence means you will have more energy, less stress, anxiety and depression. Indirectly, it is a good way to boost your mental health as well.
- Fights Insomnia: Weight training is exhausting! Once you’re done, you’ll sleep like a baby. If one is suffering from insomnia or finding it difficult to fall asleep, then weight training is the way to go! Cardio or any exercise helps but lifting weights is like a cherry on the cake. Just get up and hit the gym!
- Improves Flexibility, Stability and Balance: Lifting weights improves joint mobility through a full range of motion. It makes your joints flexible and strong. This in turn improves posture and provides the necessary stamina to perform basic activities such as walking, running and even performing other exercises and tasks including cardiovascular exercises.
You don’t even need a gym. You can literally lift weights at home too. If you haven’t thought of beginning your weight training journey, start now and get ready to see some positive change. To get a head start, join some online classes on GOQii Pro within the GOQii App and get the right guidance and motivation from certified experts in real time.
We hope this article motivates you to begin your weight training journey today. For more on Fitness, check out Healthy Reads. Do leave your thoughts in the comments below!
Its simply fantastic.