As a lifestyle coach, I have come across many who initially set for themselves very high goals to achieve but, after few weeks they give up thinking they cannot do it anymore. One does not just give up, there are several reasons attributed to giving up. Some of these are…
- Expecting fast results: Most people have a mindset of achieving higher goals in a shorter span of time and once they are unable to achieve it in the said time frame, they get disheartened. One must understand that one size does not fit all. Each one of us is different with different body type and levels of metabolism. You just cannot predict how much of workout you should be doing to lose X no. of kgs in so and so time frame. A person whose BMI is high tends to lose weight faster than a person whose BMI is low. Initially, some people achieve weight loss in few months due to high metabolic rate and some people achieve weight loss due to high metabolism in later months.
- Past Failures: No success stories comes with ease and especially if you are pursuing a health goal never be dependent on shortcuts. A person may try weight loss program through shortcuts like going in for a herbal product or supplements but eventually after a few days do not see any considerable change and give up. The products that are available for weight loss in the market might work on a few and might not work on some. Always approach a goal in a scientific and realistic manner. To be able to do this, you have to bring about the desired modification in your lifestyle by slowly and steadily shedding your unhealthy habits and acquire healthy ones. Patience is therefore key ingredient.
- REGRET: “Regrets are just wasted thoughts, focus on the Present”. Regret can only make you guiltier, unworthy of yourself and develop inferiority complexes. But, instead of wallowing in self-pity and regret, it’s never too late to start a new journey with a new perspective towards life. Mistakes happen for a reason and that you may learn from them and do better then what you use to do. There is no successful person in this world who has not tasted failure in life. It is how you handle that failure, learn from it and move on to do better in life.
- FEAR TO CHANGE: In a complex society, the truth is, many people shy away from change because of fear of doing or indulging in something that most people aren’t. People want to be a part of a crowd than stand alone. Bringing about change is definitely difficult and requires strong willpower and confidence. Never settle to fit in the box. You might be that one person to take the first leap and try something new or bring about a change and, you never know you might just have followers who believe in you. Take that one step ahead confidently and change.
- ASSUMING THEIR PROBLEMS ARE UNIQUE: Many feel this way because their whole focus is their own life. They fail to see the larger picture. For instance, you might be suffering from a medical condition for the longest time and there are no visible signs of its curing. Given this condition, if you are trying to bring about a change in your fitness goals it could take a while to achieve your goal. For instance, if you have been trying to lose weight and have not seen significant results, chances are that it is because you are not medically fit. The first thing is such a case is to treat the medical ailment, bring your body on normal parameters and then work on weight loss or a good physique body.
“NEVER GIVE UP IN LIFE NO MATTER WHAT. GREAT THINGS TAKE TIME TO COM