If you joined us for GOQii Trail Challenge 2018, you know what lies ahead of you and if this is your first time, you’re about to step into the heart of nature – a journey filled with challenges, beautiful vistas and an experience you will never forget.
The 50km trail might seem daunting but if your body and mind can endure it, there’s nothing more satisfying in the world than the feeling of crossing the finish line. In this article, we’re going to suggest the best practices which will help you complete the trail like a champ!
GOQii Trail Challenge Gear List & Dos and Don’ts
We’ve made a list of essentials you will need to carry along with you on the trail:
- Daypack (30L) and a small daypack of about 10-15L which you will use during the challenge.
- Max pair of 2 clothes and a light jacket as it will be chilly in the morning and at night.
- Sleeping bag or a light cotton bedsheet or a shawl. Avoid carrying anything too heavy.
- 2L hydra pouch or a 2x1L water bottle. Don’t forget some chocolate, energy bars or nuts you can munch on while walking. Carry Electoral or ORS mixed with your bottle of water.
- Personal medication you might need or take regularly.
- Carry a ziplock bag for your wallet and phone.
- Floaters, extra socks, torchlight with extra batteries
- Hat/Cap, sunglasses, sunscreen and insect repellent.
- Avoid carrying any electronic gadgets like iPods or iPads. You can use your smart phone as a camera.
What to Keep in Mind While Walking
- Walk straight. Avoid sitting and climbing down slopes and you’ll experience more pain further down the road.
- When tired, don’t sit down on the trail. This will tighten your muscles and make it more difficult to walk. If you must sit, don’t do it immediately. Standing and resting is better!
- When you halt for a break, take small sips of water as opposed to large gulps.
- If you feel uneasy, inform your teammates before things go out of hand.
- Don’t walk on the trail with earphones listening to music, it could be hazardous.
- Avoid littering and talking too loudly. Respect nature and the surrounding environment.
Follow these few basics and you’re all good to go! In fact, to make it even easier for you, we’ve prepared a hack list that consists of a few golden rules, walking strategy, what to eat, injury prevention and so on. Check the list here: http://www.goqii.com/gtc/hacklist. You can also watch this video tutorial for any help you might need to tape your foot the right way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU29tXBMAZs
Now that you’ve got all the details you need, we’ll see you at the trail venue on the 6th of December! Here’s wishing all the participants the very best. Let’s make #LifeWorthWalking
Leave a Reply