There are certain foods which help us build immunity and strengthen bodily functions. Nature has provided us with many superfoods which are a combination of many vitamins, minerals and fiber. We should try and include such food in our daily diet so that we can keep off deadly diseases like cancer and provide our body with the power to fight these diseases.
9 Foods That Can Help You Prevent Cancer
Below are some foods that can help you improve your immune system and might even aid in the prevention of cancer.
- Garlic: contains sulphur – which gives a good boost to the immune system. You can eat 2-3 cloves of raw garlic early in the morning before brushing your teeth. Chew properly and swallow or you can add garlic to whatever food you eat
- Lemon: Vitamin C increases immunity power and helps the body in fighting any outside infection or problem. It also keeps a check on cancer cell growth. Drink a glass of lemon water daily. No sugar. No salt. You can also squeeze a 1 whole lemon over your salads twice a day.
- Broccoli: This vegetable is a superfood! Don’t forget to include this in your diet. Try to eat it steamed/ semi-cooked. Don’t microwave it or fry it. It will kill all the nutrition.
- Onion: A diet that includes onions is said to reduce the risk of cancer. Include raw onions in salads or cook them lightly to get all the benefits provided by it.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: improves your gut’s functioning. A healthy gut means better overall health! Take 1 tsp daily diluted with 200ml of lukewarm water. You can have it half an hour before eating your lunch or dinner. You can also take ACV diluted in 200ml of water early in the morning on an empty stomach. Mix 1 tsp of cinnamon powder to the mix for extra benefits.
- Corn: contains a phenolic compound called ferulic acid, which may inhibit cancer-causing free radicals. Just roast it and go for it! You can also boil and take out kernels and add onion and tomatoes to it to make it a healthy chat.
- Dates: are high in polyphenol and Vitamin B6 and fiber which helps prevent many types of cancer. Eat 1 – 2 pieces every day along with your breakfast or else you can have them as a part of your mid-morning snacks.
- Green Leafy Vegetables: They contain bioflavonoids, carotenoids and other cancer-fighting compounds in abundance. They also contain indoles, a compound which reduces the cancer-causing potential of the body. Add them to your salads or have them as juices or soups. Don’t strain if possible.
- Wheatgrass Powder: Wheatgrass is rich in nutrients such as vitamin A, C and E, iron, calcium, magnesium, and amino acids. Other benefits include removing toxins from the body, increasing production of hemoglobin, improving blood sugar, among many other benefits. Add 1 teaspoon of powdered wheatgrass to any vegetable or fruit juice. It can also be added to your porridge.
Always remember that these are just precautionary steps to prevent cancer. There are many other environmental factors as well as lifestyle factors such as lack of physical activity, improper sleep, stress, smoking and alcohol consumption which affect our health. These foods only help us in reducing any ill effects and strengthening our immunity. You have got to manage and live a healthy lifestyle as well. For guidance, you can always reach out to a GOQii Coach by subscribing for personalized health coaching here: https://goqiiapp.page.link/bsr
If you are already suffering from cancer, you can include all these in your daily diet as they will empower you and give you the energy to fight the disease. Don’t stop the treatments at any point in time. Keep continuing them along with these natural remedies. Before you begin any of the above foods, consult your doctor.