Are you yearning for a quick snack while ensuring that what you eat is healthy? As always, a potato tikki is your best option but let’s add a protein twist to this basic recipe. Let’s learn how to make delicious sweet potato & chickpea tikkis. Once you try this recipe out, there’s no going back!
What You Will Need
- Boiled chickpeas – 1 cup (soak it for 8 hours and then pressure cook)
- Sweet potato – 1 medium sized
- Carrot – 1 medium (grated)
- Coriander – 1 cup finely chopped
- Flax seed powder – 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Green chilly – 1 finely chopped
- Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for roasting the tikkis
How To Prepare
- Strain the boiled chickpeas to remove the excess water and blend in a mixer. It should be a dry, coarse paste.
- In a mixing bowl, grate the sweet potato and add the chickpea paste along with grated carrot, flax seeds powder and coriander. Give it a gentle mix.
- Add the spices, green chilli, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, salt and chili powder. Use your hands and mix well.
- Apply some oil on your palms and make small flat tikkis.
- Brush some oil on the pan and roast the tikkis. After they turn golden brown and crisp on one side, flip them over and cook till golden brown.
- Your Sweet Potato & Chickpea Tikkis are ready! Enjoy them with a curd dip.
Note: You can use these tikkis to make your burger healthy instead of traditional aloo tikki.
Highlights of the Sweet Potato & Chickpea Tikkis
- It’s the best protein-rich snack to go for as it gives you satiety, taste and a lot of nourishment.
- Sweet potato is a powerhouse of many nutrients like b vitamins, vitamin c, calcium, iron, selenium, etc.
- Chickpeas help you to maintain a healthy lipid profile as they are rich in fiber, phytochemicals, folate and protein.
We hope you enjoy this Sweet Potato & Chickpea Tikkis recipe. Do try it out and leave your feedback in the comments below. For more healthy recipes, check out Healthy Reads or tune in to cooking sessions on GOQii Play.
Eat healthy and #BeTheForce