Believe it or not, Millets have been in the winter superfoods list since time immemorial. Millets are hardy grains and because they grow like weeds, they can withstand any temperatures (hot, cold and even drought). Let’s learn an interesting way to include this superfood in our diet with a healthy Millet Soup recipe!
What You Will Need:
- Curd – 1 cup
- Bajra flour – 3 tbsp
- Water – 3-4 cups
- Boiled sweet corn – 2 tbsp
- Yellow & green bell peppers – 3 tbsp chopped
- Carrot – ¼ cup chopped
- Onion – ¼ cup chopped
- Cabbage – ¼ cup chopped
- Coriander leaves – ½ cup chopped
- Desi cow ghee – 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Green chilly – 1 tsp finely chopped
- Ginger – 1 tsp grated ginger
- Coarsely ground black pepper – ½ tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
How To Prepare
- Take curd and bajra flour in a bowl and whisk to make a smooth mixture.
- Gradually add 3-4 cups of water while whisking the mix. Add salt & pepper to this mix and keep it aside.
- In a pan, heat ghee and crackle cumin seeds. Add all the veggies except coriander leaves & sauté for a minute.
- Slowly add bajra and curd mix into the pan with sautéed veggies while stirring. Cook this on medium to low flame for 15-20 minutes.
- Turn the flame off, add lemon juice and fresh coriander. Your hot and tasty millet soup is ready!
Highlights of the Millet Soup recipe
- This soup is the perfect option when you are hungry but want to have something warm and light.
- It is high in iron content
- It’s all organic as millets are naturally non-GMO and pesticide free
- Millets are not only high in macronutrients like protein and fiber but are also a powerhouse of many vitamins and minerals too.
We’re sure this Millet Soup will become your go-to winter recipe. Try it now and let us know your thoughts in the comments below! For more healthy recipes, check out Healthy Reads or get the right nutritional advice from a GOQii Coach by subscribing for personalized health coaching here: https://goqiiapp.page.link/bsr
Eat healthy and #BeTheForce
Leave a Reply