Diwali celebrations are incomplete without indulging in Indian sweets, right? Sweets add a lot of happiness and enthusiasm to festivals. Just like colorful Rangolis at the entrance of a house, a sweet table is always open at home during Diwali. So, this Diwali, I am sharing 2 amazing sweet recipes to satisfy your sweet tooth which are extremely nourishing at the same time. Let’s begin with this super nourishing Dates Roll recipe with the goodness of seeds!
What you will need:
- Seedless Dates – 500gm
- Walnuts (Coarsely Chopped) – 15
- Almonds (Coarsely Chopped) – 15
- Cashews (Coarsely Chopped) – 10
- Pistachios (Coarsely Chopped) – 15
- Flax Seeds (Roasted) – 1 tbsp.
- Sunflower Seeds (Roasted) – 1 tbsp.
- Poppy Seeds/Khas Khas (Roasted) – 2 tbsp.
- Cardamom Powder – ½ tbsp.
- Ghee – 2 tbsp.
How to Prepare:
- Make a coarse paste of seedless dates in a mixer.
- In a pan, heat 1 tbsp. of ghee and add all the coarsely chopped nuts and roast them on medium flame for 3-5 minutes and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, heat 1 tbsp. of ghee and add the dates paste in it and cook for 3-5 minutes until it is soft
- Then, add the mix roasted nuts, 1 tbsp. of roasted poppy seeds and roasted flax seeds along with sunflower seeds and mix well in the pan itself.
- Now, rest the dates and nuts mixture on a flat surface out of the flame.
- To make a roll out of it, spread roasted poppy seeds and some chopped pistachio on a flat surface.
- Using your hands, make a medium thick cylinder of the dates and nuts mixture and roll it over the poppy seeds and pistachios so that it sticks to the roll very well.
- Now take a piece of silver foil or butter paper and cover the roll with it very tightly. Tuck and fold the ends of both sides very nicely and allow this to set for 2 hours in the fridge.
- After 2 hours, using a sharp knife, cut medium thick slices and then remove the silver foil from each slice.
- Your healthy homemade Dates Roll with Seeds is ready.
Highlights of the Dates Roll with Seeds Recipe
- Just right to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- This is a recipe rich in healthy fats, proteins, iron and B vitamins.
- Safe for diabetes and weight watchers but never forget moderation is the key!
Stay tuned for the 2nd sweet recipe! Any guesses to what it might be? Leave your guesses in the comments below!
For more healthy recipes, check out Healthy Reads or ask a GOQii Coach directly by subscribing for personalized coaching here: https://goqiiapp.page.link/bsr
Leave a Reply