With some parts of the country still in lockdown, it’s difficult to get fresh veggies and groceries. So, let’s look at a simple recipe with minimum ingredients which are available in our kitchen. This protein-rich Chickpea Soya Cutlets are easy to prepare and are apt as a snack or a main meal as well.
What You Will Need
- Chickpeas (kabuli chana), boiled and drained- ½ cup
- Soya granules – ½ cup
- Finely chopped mint leaves – 1 tbsp (approx)
- Green chilli – 2
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Red chilli powder -¾ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¾ tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking – 2-3 tsp
How To Prepare
- Soak the soya granules in hot water for 10-15 minutes. Drain and squeeze out all water and keep aside.
- Blend the chickpeas, soya granules, mint, ginger and green chilli together to make a coarse mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, lemon juice, salt to the paste and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape it into round, flat cutlets.
- Cook them on a non-stick pan using a little oil till both sides are golden brown.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
Highlights of the Chickpea Soya Cutlets
- Provides great satiety as it is high in protein and fiber.
- It is gluten-free and a great option for vegans
- Recipe is high in Iron and folic acid as well which is required for formation of red blood cells and hemoglobin.
- Other finely cut veggies of your choice can be added as per availability.
Do try this delicious, lip-smacking Chickpea Soya Cutlet recipe and leave your thoughts in the comments below. For more healthy recipes check out Healthy Reads or tune in to LIVE cooking sessions on GOQii Play.
Stay home. Stay safe. Eat healthy and #BeTheForce