There are mainly 3 types of sesame seeds – black, white and red or brown. Of these three, black sesame seeds rank the highest, white medium and red falls the lowest in nutritional qualities. Let’s look at a black sesame seeds chutney or a spice mix recipe which will be moist due to sesame oil from the seeds. We can store it in an airtight container and relish it with roti, bhakri, khakara, idli, dosa or even rice. This is a very easy way to include sesame seeds to your daily diet.
What You Will Need
- Black sesame seeds – one small cup
- Salt – to taste
- Dry red chili – 7 to 8
- Garlic pods – 7 to 8
How To Prepare
- Dry roast black sesame seeds on medium flame. Remove them after they start popping and get roasted. Let them cool.
- Next, roast red dry chilies till the moisture in them dries up. Remove this and let it cool.
- Now, add sesame seeds and roasted chilly and grind it to a coarse powder in a mixer grinder.
- Once it seems blended well, add the garlic pods and salt and grind them so that they blend together nicely.
- Your black sesame seeds chutney is ready!
Benefits of the Black Sesame Seeds Chutney
- Sesame seeds are an excellent source of copper, manganese, calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, vitamin B1, B6, Niacin, zinc, molybdenum and selenium. They’re also rich in dietary fiber, proteins and carbohydrates.
- Sesame seeds can prevent and control diabetes. They also aid in reducing the risks of cancer.
- Improves and supports bone health.
- As a strong anti inflammatory agent, they are known to reduce cardiovascular diseases and hypertension.
- Reduces signs of premature aging and strengthens muscle tissue and hair.
- Sesame seeds also protects DNA from harmful effects of radiation either from accidental or natural sources or by chemotherapy or radiotherapy
We hope you enjoy this Black Sesame Seeds Chutney. Do try it out and leave your feedback in the comments below. For more Healthy Recipes, checkout Healthy Reads or speak to a GOQii Coach by subscribing for Personalised Health Coaching here: https://goqiiapp.page.link/bsr