Eating the same or similar food everyday can be a boring affair. So if you’re tired of eating roti-sabji (flattened wheat bread and vegetables) and are looking for a change, try adding a twist to your meals! Here’s a Oats & Besan Pancake recipe which is super easy, nutritious and tasty.
- Besan / gram flour – 1 cup*
- Roasted and powdered oats flakes – ½ cup
- Finely chopped onion – ½ cup
- Grated carrot – ½ cup
- Finely chopped tomato – ½ cup
- Finely chopped capsicum – ½ cup
- Washed and chopped coriander – 4 tbsp*
- Chilly ginger paste – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric – ¼ tsp*
- Chilly powder – ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Mix besan and oats. Add the required amount of water to it to make a medium thick batter
- Add salt as required and allow it to rest till you chop the vegetables
- Add the chopped vegetables to the batter and stir
- Add green chilly ginger paste, turmeric, chilly powder and coriander to the batter and stir
- Add some water if required to make the batter thin
- Heat a pan and spread the batter once hot
- Make a thin medium sized chilla and allow it to cook on medium flame
- Flip it over once cooked from bottom.
- It turns out soft and thin even without a drop of oil but if you like you can add a tsp per pancake.
- Serve it hot with green chutney
It works great as a quick breakfast idea. Best for your kid’s tiffin but I love to eat it for dinner as well. Oats has Beta Glucan which is a soluble fiber and helps in losing weight. It aids blood sugar control as well and is best for the gut!
Do try this Oats and Besan Pancake Recipe and let me know if you like it! For more recipes, check out Healthy Reads or ask your GOQii Coach by subscribing for personalized coaching here: https://goqiiapp.page.link/bsr
*Abbreviations: 1 cup = 200 ml, 1 tbsp = 15 ml, 1 tsp = 5 ml
Just like your skin, your hair requires a steady supply of key nutrients too. Do you know that your hair grows around six inches annually? Your hair’s growth rate is affected by factors like age, health, genetics, and you… Read More