Does work keep you so engrossed that you forget to eat your meals on time? Have tight deadlines derailed your eating habits? Health and diet are our last priority while climbing the professional ladder. Is there a way to eat healthy at work? Do smaller meals work? Is it advisable to carry healthy snacks?
While it is a highly debatable topic whether one should eat smaller meals or 3 square meals a day, both have their share of pros and cons. I would advise you to choose the best of both worlds by opting for healthy snacks whenever possible.
Here is a List of a Few Healthy Snacks You Can Eat At Work:
- Nuts and Dry Fruits: You can carry a trail mix of Almonds, Walnuts, Cashew Nuts, Pistachios, Figs, Dried Apricot, Dates, Raisins, etc. Fox Nuts [makhana] is considered as a superfood that is loaded with fiber. You can also add some Roasted Grams and a handful of Peanuts to it. Try these protein packed flavored Makhana from the GOQii Health Store.
- Energy Bars: Protein Bars, Granola Bars, and Health Bars all provide a good amount of nutrition. The convenience of carrying and eating one during office hours is unparalleled. These bars are a great way to pump up your protein levels as well. Try these Choco Almond Protein Bars from the GOQii Health Store.
- Sprouts: help in reducing cholesterol and blood pressure. They prevent anaemia and aid digestion, making it a great choice for healthy snacking! Don’t just stick to Mung Sprouts, you can also add variations like Chickpeas, Black Gram, Red Kidney Beans, Soya Beans, etc. The chances of foodborne illnesses greatly diminish with homemade sprouts.
- Fruits: are often ignored and are not included in one’s daily diet. Having them as mid meals can do wonders for your health. Grab locally grown or seasonal fruits and welcome all those healthy vitamins and minerals into your body!
- Sweet Potato: Another healthy and delicious snack is eating boiled or roasted Sweet Potatoes. Being high in dietary fiber, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, it should be consumed more frequently. A dash of Date and Jaggery Chutney will make it super healthy and yummier!
- Sweet Corn: Have them boiled, steamed or roasted. Sweet Corn provides flavonoid and carotene which help fight free radicals. Besides this, it is rich in vitamin B, vitamin C and vitamin E.
- Smoothies: are an excellent way to incorporate fruits and nuts in one go. Whip up 2-3 fruits along with nuts and seeds. You can add some milk or coconut water to make it in a smooth consistency. Try making an Apple, Banana, Grape and Date Smoothie. It is absolutely delicious!
- Diet Snacks: The market is flooded with healthy diet food like Diet Puffed Rice, Diet Khakharas, high protein biscuits, etc. But choose wisely because Diet Puffed Rice with liberal amounts of Sev won’t serve the purpose.
While mid-meal snacks are important, you need to take care of the portions you eat. Although carrying nutritious mid-meal snacks require time and effort, having it ready with you helps avoid the other unhealthy alternatives and the guilt that accompanies them.
We hope this article helps you! Do leave your thoughts in the comments below. For more on healthy eating and nutrition, check out Healthy Reads or ask a GOQii Coach by subscribing for personalised health coaching here: https://goqiiapp.page.link/bsr