Quinoa is a gluten-free superfood that has been gaining a lot of popularity in the past few years, and it is actually pronounced as Kveen Vaa. Quinoa, though popular as a grain, is actually a seed. It has a nutty flavour and lacks the sweetness & stickiness of rice. It is easier to cook than rice and you will love the taste. Although it is not as economical as rice, it is definitely worth a try! So let’s learn how to prepare super healthy and simple Vegetable Quinoa Pulao!
What You Will Need:
- Quinoa (wash and soak for 30 min) – 1 cup
- Onion (chopped) – ¼ cup
- Cauliflower (chopped) – ¼ cup
- French Beans (chopped) – ¼ cup
- Carrots (chopped) – ¼ cup
- Corn Kernels – ¼ cup
- Green Peas – ¼ cup
- Spinach – 2 tbsp
- Coriander – 2 tbsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tbsp
- Bay Leaf – 1
- Cinnamon Stick – ½
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Turmeric, red chili powder, coriander seeds powder, garam masala as per taste
- Salt as per taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
How to Prepare:
- In a pan, heat oil and fry the bay leaf and cinnamon stick. Then, allow the cumin seeds to sizzle.
- Add the chopped onion along with ginger garlic paste and roast it well until slightly brown.
- Now, add all the other vegetables along with turmeric, red chili powder, coriander seeds powder, garam masala and salt. Sauté them well for 4-5 min.
- It is time to add the soaked quinoa (discard the water), give it a quick stir and cook it for 2-3 minutes. Now add 1.5 to 2 cups of water.
- After a boil, cover the pan with a lid and cook for 5-10 min until done. Mix the contents using a fork and not spatula to give it a Pulao consistency.
- Serve it hot with curd or raita.
Highlights of the Vegetable Quinoa Pulao
- This absolutely easy recipe gives you everything required for a balanced meal.
- It is high in protein and contains sufficient amount of all essential amino acids.
- 100% satiety with the fiber content it has in limited portion size.
- Fun Fact: A cup of Quinoa will provide twice the protein and about 5gm more fiber than the same amount of white rice.
Hope you try this awesome Vegetable Quinoa Pulao recipe and share your experience in the comments below! Click here for more healthy recipes, or get them directly from a GOQii Coach by subscribing for Personalised Health Coaching here: https://goqiiapp.page.link/bsr
Leave a Reply