With everyone seeking to build their immunity, especially due to the change in weather and the ongoing pandemic, eating the right food is quite essential to our wellbeing. There is nothing that fuels your body with the right nutrients and warms your soul like the way soup does. So here’s the delicious Ultimate Winter Soup that’s loaded with the goodness of vegetables, herbs and protein.
What You Will Need
- Finely chopped onion – ½ cup
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Finely chopped carrot – ¼ cup
- Finely chopped sweet potato – ¼ cup
- Chopped french beans – ½ cup
- Finely chopped tomato – ½ cup
- Soft boiled chick peas – 1 cup
- Vegetable broth/ water – 5 cups
- Coriander – ½ cup
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Black pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Red chilli paste – 1 tsp
- Turmeric – ½ tsp
How To Prepare
- Heat a pan and add oil. Once the oil is hot, add the onions and allow it to sauté until soft.
- Then add the ginger garlic paste, give it a quick stir and allow it to cook for a minute.
- Add the carrot, french beans & sweet potato. Let them cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add the vegetable broth or water and partially cover the pan with the lid and allow the veggies to cook.
- After 10 mins, once you see the carrots are tender, add the tomato and mix everything well. Add the turmeric and salt during this time.
- In another small bowl, mash the chick peas with a fork and transfer it to the soup pan. Also add the coriander, red chilli paste and black pepper at the same time. Give it a quick mix and let it cook for 5 more minutes.
- Time to serve the hot colorful looking soup and enjoy.
Note: Instead of chickpeas, you can use any pulse of your choice like chana, sprouts, mung, etc.
Highlights of the Ultimate Winter Soup
- An absolute delight for your body, it will boost immunity, heat you up and clear your throat.
- Very fulfilling due to the use of a variety of seasonal vegetables.
- Great for people healing from any type of viral infections.
Eat healthy and #BeTheForce