Everyone is busy in today’s life – with a packed schedules, calendars have no column for relaxation or time for doing anything good. This also translates into “No Time” for eating healthy food and for satisfying hunger we make do with all the JUNK food that is available. One of the reasons is that it is a ready to eat option. Ultimate result of eating junk food can get you one title- OBESE. With the effort and taste of 4-5 years when we reach the level of being OBESE, it is then that we realize something is going wrong with our body. We start visiting a doctor multiple times and also start searching for options that will help us to reduce our weight and get back to on track.
Losing weight is hard for anyone but, not impossible if one is willing to put in that extra effort, dedication and have patience. Exercise is the key to creating a physically, mentally, and emotionally healthier body. However, at the same time some of the moves may be too painful or nearly impossible for those carrying extra weight.
With the help of Junk food restaurants, the new generation of overweight and obese adults is a plenty. If we really want our children to have healthy future with proper fitness than childhood nutrition and exercise intervention needs to be implemented as soon as possible.
Some exercise which can be done by any OBESE person, without any harm:
- WALKING– One of the best and basic workouts can be done by anyone, anywhere without spending a single penny, low-impact aerobic exercise. It may still be difficult to work for those who are morbidly obese, which is when baby steps need to be implemented with a walker, walking cane, or assistance. Slow walking burns extra calories for those carrying extra weight because they have to exert more energy than a normal-weight person.
- Exercise Ball Workouts: For a person who is OBESE, it’s uncomfortable to do the exercise in front of others, so the best solution is Exercise Ball, which is really a great help to do different workouts at home. An exercise ball will help them to do the variety of strengthening, toning, stretching and balancing exercises with support. Exercise balls can be used for abdominal crunches by lying on your back, setting your ankles onto the ball, and lifting upward with your core and both arms behind your head.
You can do:
# “Bouncing On the Ball Workout” which Target: Works core, quads, glutes, and hamstrings
# “Inner-Thigh Squeeze Workout”, which Target – Target: Strengthens inner thighs and core
# “Half Squat” with the help of Exercise Ball and wall”, which target: Strengthens abs, glutes, and hamstrings
Once you get comfortable with the ball, try incorporating it into your everyday activities, such as sitting on it while you are at the computer, eating at the dinner table, or reading a book.
- Aqua Aerobics:You can perform your exercise under water because while doing exercise in water, water makes you feel lighter by helping to support your body weight. It also lessens the impact on your joints. You can do swimming if you know. To get more information about this you can read my Blog “One-Stop Shop Workout – Swimming” : http://goqii.com/blog/one-stop-shop-workout-swimming/
- Seated Stationary Bike: The seated or recumbent stationary bike is different than a normal upright exercise bike. It provides a backrest optimal for overweight or obese people who haven’t developed a strong enough abdominal core to hold them upright long enough. It also places less stress on your lower spine, which is a frequent problem for those with excess weight. Biking also engages different muscles than walking or running do. Alternating exercise days between biking and brisk walking will also give the body a dynamic bonus aerobic workout.
- Group Exercise Classes:There are chances when you do any exercise, you will get demotivated and stop giving your effort to achieve your goals. So this is the best way to motivate yourself – Join Group Exercise classes with other people who all are having a common goal, in this way everyone will motivate each other to achieve the goal. Initially, it will be difficult to achieve your goal, but with the continuous motivation and effort you will achieve your goal.
Are you still reading, it’s time to show your effort? So let’s get up, set your goal and start working towards.
Note: Please consult your Doctor before applying the upper suggestion into your routine, as an individual’s body and medical condition vary.