Still wondering what to do with all that leftover chapati from lunch or last night’s dinner? Don’t let it go to waste. Try this amazing Vegetable and Paneer Kathi Roll. If you don’t know, a Kathi is basically an Indian style wrap made with different stuffing. This recipe adds a protein twist to the traditional Kathi recipe making it healthier for you!
What You Will Need
- Leftover chapati – 3
- Onion – 1 medium, sliced
- Tomato – 1 medium, sliced
- Carrot – 1 medium, sliced
- Capsicum – 1 medium, sliced
- Cabbage – 1 cup, shredded
- Paneer – ½ cup, shredded
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Haldi powder – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Jeera powder – 1 tsp
- Chat powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander mint chutney – ½ cup
- Curd – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
How To Prepare
- Heat some oil in a pan, saute the garlic ginger paste for a while and then add onions (keep some uncooked, sliced onions away). Once the onions start to get soft, add all other veggies like carrot, tomato, capsicum and cabbage.
- Once the veggies are soft, it is time to add in all our spices. Mix it well and add the paneer.
- Cover the pan with a lid and allow it to cook for 3-5 mins.
- In a small bowl, mix the coriander mint chutney and curd, add some salt too.
- Take the leftover chapati, apply the chutney and curd paste on it.
- On one side of the chapati, place 1 big spoonful of the hot stuffing and place a few raw onion slices on it as well. Sprinkle some chat powder over it.
- Now start folding the chapati very tightly.
- Serve it hot along with green chutney.
Highlights of the Vegetable and Paneer Kathi Roll
- It’s a fiber rich meal, giving you satiety in less quantity.
- Great meal idea for weight watchers, diabetics & everyone in the family.
- Plus points are the high Vitamin A, Vitamin C, magnesium, potassium and folate from the roll.
We hope you try and enjoy this delicious Vegetable and Paneer Kathi Roll recipe. Do you have a special way of making this? Is there a recipe you’d like to see next? Let us know in the comments below!
Eat healthy and #BeTheForce