Can there be this one quick and easy meal which can fulfill all your nutritional needs? What if we told you there is! It is a personal favorite called the Vegetable Masoor Rice! This pot recipe gives you all the required nutrients such as carbohydrates and proteins. Thanks to the veggies, it also has fiber, antioxidants and essential vitamins! This meal can be enjoyed by all members of your family.
Ingredients for the Vegetable Masoor Rice
- Overnight Soaked Masoor – 1 cup
- Soaked Rice (2hr) – 1.5 cup
- Finely Chopped Onion, Carrot, French Beans – ½ Cup Each
- Green Peas – ½ Cup
- Finely Chopped Coriander – 2 tbsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds, Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp each
- Bay Leaf – 1
- Small Cinnamon Stick
- Red Chilly Powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
How to Prepare
- Heat oil in a pan on a medium flame.
- Add bay leaf, cinnamon, mustard seeds and cumin seeds in the oil. Once the seeds crackle, add onion to the pan now and sauté.
- After the onions turn golden brown, add ginger garlic paste and sauté for few seconds.
- Add drained Masoor dal, carrot, beans and green peas to the mixture.
- Next, you add turmeric, red chilly powder, garam masala, salt and mix them well.
- Add the soaked rice and mix well.
- Follow it up with 3 cups of water and allow it to cook in the pan till the water evaporates on medium flame.
- Once the water evaporates, cover it with a lid and allow it to cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- When cooked, garnish the rice with coriander and serve hot!
Please Note: you can also use sprouted mung or Spilt Chana dal instead of Masoor.
Highlights of the Recipe
- It is the best main meal ever! Eat this rice along with tomato, onion and cucumber raita. It tastes amazing.
- It is extremely satiating and a good way to make your family eat vegetables and a rarely used pulse like Masoor.
- This is your best pick for lunch and dinner!
Did you enjoy this healthy Vegetable Masoor Rice recipe? Do try it out and leave your thoughts in the comments below!
For more Healthy Recipes, check out Healthy Reads. You can also get these delicious recipes directly from your GOQii Coach by subscribing for personalized coaching here: https://goqiiapp.page.link/bsr