Depending on your preferences, beetroot can be the most loved or most hated vegetable on your plate. Now, whether you hate it or love it, you can’t deny the fact that beetroots are extremely healthy for you! They are packed with essential vitamins and minerals. Beetroots are low in calories, help reduce blood pressure and improve digestive health, among many other benefits.
Enriching your normal day meals with a superfood always fetches you more nutrients! Today, let’s make beetroot more interesting than it already is by preparing this beetroot mix dal dosa! It is packed with protein and all the nourishment from beetroots!
Let’s get started.
What you will need:
- Chana Dal – 2 tbsp
- Moong Dal – 2 tbsp
- Toor Dal – 2 tbsp
- Urad Dal – 2 tbsp
- Rice – 2 tbsp
- Shredded beetroot – 1 medium sized
- Garlic – 5-6
- Shredded Ginger – 1 tsp
- Green Chillies – 2
- Finely Chopped Coriander – ½ cup
- Jeera (cumin seeds) – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
How to Prepare
- Take a bowl and mix all dals and rice after washing them thoroughly. Add 1 cup of water to it and soak for 4-6 hrs.
- Once soaked, remove excess water and blend it together in a mixer and make a smooth paste. Add 2 tsp of water if required. Keep the batter aside in a bowl.
- Now, add beetroot, green chillies, jeera, ginger and garlic in a blender jar and blend it all without adding any water.
- Mix the beetroot paste with blended pulses thoroughly.
- Add salt and coriander to the batter and allow it to settle for 10-15 min.
- Now heat a nonstick pan, brush some oil and using a spatula, spread the hot pink batter on the pan. After cooking it on one side, flip it over.
- Serve it hot with coconut chutney.
Highlights of the Beetroot Mix Dal Dosa:
- Best way to start your day! The proteins keep you full and beetroot gives you all the essential vitamins and minerals such as folate, manganese, potassium, iron, Vitamin C along with very important nitrates. These nitrates help in reducing blood pressure.
- It is a must to try for kids as the color fascinates them.
- Also instead of beetroot you can incorporate blanched spinach or even carrots.
Did you find this recipe new and exciting? Will you try it? Let us know in the comments below!