Most of us are avoiding that delectable street food thanks to the monsoons. But, what can we do in those tiny moments of weakness when we crave it more during the rains? It’s only natural to feel this way after braving the scorching summer heat and facing the drop in temperature which makes our body crave for some nice warm, cozy, comfort food. While it may sound like a legitimate reason to indulge, let’s keep in mind that it needs to be healthy too! So here’s a mouthwatering street food recipe with a healthy twist – let’s learn to make some Schezwan Dosa!
What You Will Need
- Semolina – ½ cup
- Rice Flour – ½ cup
- Multigrain flour – ½ cup
- Curd – 1 cup
- Flaxseed powder – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Schezwan sauce – 2 tbsp
- Oil for cooking
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Chopped garlic – 1 tsp
- Spring onion – ¼ cup
- Carrot – ¼ cup
- Cabbage and capsicum – thin juliennes
- Schezwan sauce – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Chopped Coriander – ¼ cup
How To Prepare the Schezwan Dosa
- First, grind the Semolina into fine powder.
- Now mix the rice flour, semolina powder, multigrain flour, flaxseed powder and curd together.
- Whisk it and make a pouring consistency batter adding water.
- Keep it aside for 15-20 minutes. Then add salt and whisk the batter once more.
- For the stuffing, heat oil in a pan and add all the vegetables along with salt. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the schezwan sauce and lemon juice. Turn the gas off and cover the pan for 2 minutes.
- For the dosa, first heat a dosa tawa and spread a ladle full batter. Spread it over to get a round dosa.
- Let it cook till the edges get light golden brown.
- Now spread some schezwan sauce over the dosa and put the vegetable stuffing over it.
- By this time, the dosa is crispy and golden brown. Sprinkle some freshly chopped coriander leaves and fold the dosa over.
- Serve hot with any sauce or chutney of your choice.
We’re sure you’ll enjoy this tasty, nutritious and delicious fusion of South Indian and Chinese cuisine, bringing back some of your fondest monsoon memories without compromising your health. Do let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
You can also purchase some nutrient-rich Schezwan Sauce from the GOQii Health Store within the GOQii app for a discount using your GOQii Cash!