Getting out of the house has been a task because of the heat. Venturing out means sweating profusely or being dehydrated due to lack of drinking water at continuous intervals. Want to take some extra precautions to keep your body cool and healthy? Try these healthy and refreshing summer coolers to keep you cool and ward off the heat!
1. Strawberry Pineapple Lemonade
- Strawberry – 2 cup fresh small size
- Pineapple – 3 cup slices
- Lemon – 1 or ½ cup
- Ice – Optional
- Honey – ½ cup
- Water – 3 ½ cup
- Place the strawberries, pineapple and water in a blender and prepare a puree
- Strain the puree to remove seeds
- Add lemon juice and honey
- Add ice cubes and enjoy the drink
Benefits: This healthy, refreshing summer cooler is loaded with antioxidant properties. It supports the immune system, fights diseases and enhances your skin complexion. Its anti-inflammatory properties will help you deal with arthritis, gout, reduced blood pressure and stroke. Adding lemon will enhance its nutritive value by giving a dose of important vitamins to run body functions normally.
2. Mango, Raspberry & Basil Seed Popsicle
- Mango – 3 cup
- Chia Seed – 2 cup
- Raspberry – 2 cup
- Cinnamon Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Brown Sugar – 1 tablespoon
- In a blender, mix the mangoes until it is smooth
- Pour it in a bowl and add Chia seeds
- Mix well and let it rest in a refrigerator for 30 minutes
- In a blender mix raspberries, brown sugar and cinnamon powder until smooth
- Let it rest for 5 minutes
- In a popsicle mold, pour 1 tablespoon of mango and chia seed mix. Then 1 tablespoon of raspberry mix.
- Place in the freezer for at least 2 hrs
Benefits: This Popsicle is one of the best nutrient-rich summer coolers! Mango and Raspberry are packed with nutrients that support the heart, digestion, eye, hair and skin health. Adding Basil Seeds will reduce body heat and boost metabolism. It can relieve constipation and improve the respiratory system.
3. Ginger Cucumber Summer Cooler
- Ginger – ½ Ginger
- Cucumber – ½ Cucumber
- Lemon – Few drops
- Honey – 1 tsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Peel and grate the cucumber and Ginger
- Blend it well by adding water
- Strain it and add Honey and lemon
- Decorate the glass with a slice of Cucumber and enjoy the drink
Benefits: Ginger improves digestive health and blood circulation. Along with Lemon, Ginger acts as an antibiotic. The combination of Cucumber, Ginger and Lemon act as a summer thirst quencher and also helps you lose weight by reducing water retention. It also boosts metabolism and keeps you hydrated!
4. Lemon Barley Water
- Barley – 3 cup
- Lemon Zest – 2 Lemons
- Honey – ½ cup
- Water – 3 cup
- Place the barley in a bowl and wash it properly
- Place it in a pan and add lemon zest and water
- Bring the mixture to boil and let it simmer for 5-10 minutes
- Strain the mixture then add honey and stir it well
- Let the water cool down, transfer it into bottles and refrigerate until it is chilled
- Serve it and enjoy the drink.
Benefits: It is one of the oldest drinks used by ancient Egyptians to cool their bodies during summer. This summer cooler helps maintain body temperature. It also acts as a natural remedy to reduce kidney stones and clear off Urinary Tract Infection. Due to its fiber content, it aids weight loss, improves metabolism and keeps the digestive system healthy.
5. Gur Sherbet (Jaggery and Chia Seed Drink)
- Gur (Jaggery ) – Few pieces
- Water – 1 liter or 1 cup
- Lemon – 1 or 2 slices
- Salt – Optional ( ½ Tea spoon )
- Ice – Optional
- Chia seeds – 1 or 2 tsp
- Soak chia seeds and jaggery in water for about half an hour or overnight
- Add few lemon pieces and serve chilled
- Carry this drink to the office or if you are going out to stay hydrated
Benefits: One of the traditional summer coolers to replenish oneself. Jaggery is well known for its iron content. It also boosts immunity and reduces constipation. Adding chia seeds to it enhances this drink’s nutritive content by becoming a good source of fats that protect the heart and improve brain functioning.
Do try these healthy and refreshing summer coolers and let us know about your experience. Do you have recipes of your own? Share them now in the comments below!