Are you looking to detox your body before the Navratri festivities begin? If you’re planning to indulge or go off your healthy routine for a while, it would be great to take these few days to detox the body. It is a good opportunity to give your body a break. Take these steps to detox the body, clean out your GI tract and provide your body with the nutrients it needs to thrive. You can also follow these steps post festivities.
What is Detoxification?
Detoxification is the process of cleansing our body from chemicals, waste, toxins, and harmful substances. Our body has its own internal detoxification system through our liver, kidneys, colon, skin, lungs and lymph glands. However, when our body becomes overloaded with toxic substances, such as from pollution, a poor diet of fast food, alcohol, medications, illness and stress, it needs help in rebooting so it can function optimally again.
In essence, detox is all about eating a diet that supports and improves the functioning of our liver. Unlike popular belief, detoxification is not about weight loss alone. It’s mainly about helping and supporting your body to get rid of all the waste through proper dietary choices. It is beneficial for one and all.
Who Needs To Detox The Body?
Anyone who is suffering from unexplained fatigue, dull skin and hair, allergies, tired and puffy eyes, menstrual irregularities, and feelings of anxiety and depression. This also includes people suffering from constipation as it’s likely to be a result of harmful toxins lingering in your body, preventing the absorption of essential nutrients – and when this happens your immune system will not fight bacteria efficiently resulting in colds and flu most often.
Benefits of Detox
- Removes toxins from the body
- Improves digestive health: The digestive system is one of the most critical areas of the body. It’s where nutrients from the food you consume are absorbed, keeping your body functioning as it should.
- Increase in energy
- Control food cravings
- Micronutrient bonus
What To Consume To Detox the Body?
1. Natural Detox Waters
- Lemon water consumed with black salt immediately improves digestion, cleanses your liver and maintains PH levels of the body.
- Coconut water has composition that mimics our plasma and helps clear out impurities from blood.
- Water infused with cinnamon sticks overnight and having it the next day.
- Water infused with cumin seeds, coriander seeds, ajwain and fennel seeds overnight and having it next day
- Water infused with 1 inch ginger, slices of orange, mint/tulsi leaves overnight or you can simply use any sliced fruit and sliced vegetable and herbs.
- Green Smoothie: Grind cucumber, parsely, celery, pineapple and chia seeds together and have it replacing your breakfast
- Green Juice: Grind kale, spinach, broccoli, mint leaves, apple/pineapple and have it in your mid meals
- Mango Smoothie: Grind 1 mango with almonds and have it replacng your breakfast
- Apple Date Smoothie: Grind 1 apple, 2-3 dates, water and mint leaves and replace it with your breakfast.
- Orange Banana Smoothie: Grind banana and orange or strawberry and banana with 1 tbsp of yogurt and ice cubes and replace it with breakfast.
- Lemon and Coriander Soup (you can add chicken if you’re a non-vegetarian)
- Beetroot and carrot soup
- Tomato and carrot soup
- Zucchini and broccoli soup
- Green moong soup
- Spinach and carrot soup
- Egg soup
- Corn soup
- Sprouts salad
- Moong salad
- Green salad
For an entire list of raw detox salads, click here: https://goqii.com/blog/9-raw-food-diet-that-are-tasty-and-healthy/
Replace your aloo paratha with moong chilla and your maida pancakes with oats pancakes. Avoid milk and milk products, refined flours and oils, breads, pasta, sugar, fried foods, packaged foods, pickles, papad and junk food. Once a month try doing a complete detox by replacing your meals with smoothies, soups, salads, chillas and infused water. Make the most of this precious time by cleansing your body.
Stay home, stay safe, detox the body and #BeTheForce