If you are on your weight loss journey, you must have heard the advice of keeping your dinner light, low in carbs and high in protein and fiber. But do you feel that this simple tip is actually one of the most difficult to follow? As the entire day goes chasing work, after a tiring day, dinner feels like the only meal we can eat with all the time in the world and actually indulge in. Even if we decide to eat healthy, there are very few meals that support the low carb and high protein idea, especially for vegans. So, I want to share one of my favorite recipes, which is not just good when you are chasing your weight loss goals, but is also diabetes friendly, vegan and gluten-free. Let’s learn how to prepare the delicious French Beans Khichdi!
What You Will Need
- Yellow moong dal – ¼ cup, soaked for 2 hours
- French beans – ½ cup, chopped
- Carrot – ½, grated
- Onion – 1 medium sized
- Green chilly – ½ tsp, chopped
- Ginger – ½ tsp, grated
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Garam masala – ¼ tsp
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Lemon juice – ½ tsp
- Green coriander – 1 tbsp, chopped
- Roasted sesame seeds – 1 tsp
- Hing – 1 pinch
- Salt to taste
How to Prepare
- Heat ghee in a pan and add cumin seeds. As the seeds start crackling, add hing powder, onion & sauté for 2 minutes.
- Drain soaked dal and add it to the same pan. Sauté with onion for 2 more minutes.
- Now, add ½ cup water, salt, turmeric powder, green chilly, ginger ,garam masala, beans & carrot. Mix everything & cover the pan. Let it steam cook for around 10 minutes and stir 1-2 times in between.
- After 10 minutes, turn the flame off and let it team in the hot pan for another 5 minutes.
- Take the lid off and add lemon juice, fresh coriander and sesame seeds over it. Mix everything together and your French Beans Khichdi is ready!
Highlights of the French Beans Khichdi Recipe
- Being Low in carbs & high in fiber, protein & good fats, it is a good dinner option for people suffering from diabetes, high cholesterol, hypertension, thyroid, PCOD or even high uric acid levels.
- It is weight loss friendly as it is low in calories but still very filling.
- It is gluten & lactose free, so people who are allergic to gluten or are lactose intolerant can also enjoy it.
Do give this healthy, delicious and simple French Beans Khichdi recipe a try and let us know your feedback in the comments below! For more healthy recipes, check out Healthy Reads or ask a GOQii Coach by subscribing for personalized coaching here: https://goqiiapp.page.link/bsr