How many times have we eaten a light meal consisting of a salad or a fruit only to feel hungry later and end up eating some junk? Ideally, a salad is a meal by itself. It can fit anywhere between your lunch and dinner. If salads have not been giving you the satiety you need, try this power-packed Quinoa Chickpea Salad to fill your tummy with high fiber and protein content but still make you feel light.
What You Will Need
- Quinoa – ⅓ Cup (soaked for 30-60 mins)
- Chickpeas – ½ cup boiled
- Garlic – 1 tsp chopped
- Capsicum – ¼ cup chopped
- Onion – ¼ cup chopped
- Cucumber – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Green Chilly – 1 tsp chopped
- Coriander – 4 tbsp
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Jeera – ¼ tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
- A pinch of Hing
- Water – ½ cup
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
How To Prepare
- In a pan, add 1 tsp ghee and jeera. As the jeera starts crackling, add hing & sauté garlic for a while.
- Now add water. Let the water boil. Add salt, turmeric powder & quinoa (washed & drained). Cover it for 10 minutes and stir 1-2 times in between. Your quinoa generally gets cooked in 10 minutes, turn off the stove and let it cool to room temperature.
- In a big bowl, add cooked quinoa, boiled chickpeas and rest of the ingredients. Give everything a good mix
- Your healthy and filling Quinoa Chickpea Salad is ready!
Tips For The Quinoa Chickpea Salad Recipe
- Don’t forget to scrub the quinoa grain a little before rinsing as it helps in removing the natural coating of saponins which can make it taste bitter or soapy
- You can add a little cheese or paneer as well over your salad to make it more tasty and increase the protein content
- Try this recipe especially when you have leftover boiled chickpeas
We hope you try this delicious Quinoa Chickpea Salad recipe. Do leave your thoughts in the comments below. You can check out more recipes from Healthy Reads. To get customized meal plans as per your health goals and lifestyle, directly from a GOQii Coach, subscribe for personalized health coaching here: https://goqiiapp.page.link/bsr
Looks yummy and is definitely so healthy… Thank you Neha 😇😋