It is common for tea/coffee lovers to indulge in some snacks along with their favorite beverage but most of those snacks are often not healthy. So, here is an amazing alternative with is namkeen and crisp! Your very own Healthy Chivda! This bowl can be a part of your regular evening snacks as it provides satiety and nutrition all in one!
What You Will Need
- Rolled oats – 1 cup
- Poha – ½ cup
- Puffed rice – 1 cup
- Makhana – 1 cup
- Peanuts – ½ cup
- Thin cut coconut – ¼ cup
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 8-10
- Crush garlic cloves – 4-5
- Dried red chilli – 1
- Split green chilli – 2
- Turmeric – 1 tbsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
How To Prepare
- Dry roast the rolled oats for 5-7 mins until it is crisp & a little golden. In the same pan, roast the poha until crisp.
- In another pan, heat the ghee, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and broken red chilli. Allow it to crackle, then fry the peanuts.
- Once the peanuts turn golden, add the crushed garlic, split green chilli, curry leaves and coconut. Fry this until the curry leaves turn crisp & the garlic is roasted.
- Time to add the spices, add salt, turmeric & red chilli powder. Give this a quick mix.
- Now add the roasted oats, roasted poha along with puffed rice and makhana. Mix this well and allow to roast for a few minutes.
- Store it in an airtight container once it cools down.
Note: You can also make chivda bhel by adding chopped onion, tomato, coriander, along with some salt & lemon to the chivda. Enjoy it immediately before it turns soggy. If you’re allergic to peanuts, avoid them.
Highlights Of The Healthy Chivda Recipe
- This Healthy Chivda helps in avoiding unhealthy refined flour biscuit, rusk, and cookies to eat along with tea or coffee.
- It gives you a punch of protein, fiber and micro minerals all in one.
- Suits the taste of everyone – be it kids, adults or grandparents.
We hope you try out this Healthy Chivda recipe! Do leave your thoughts and feedback in the comments below. For more healthy recipes, check out Healthy Reads or ask a GOQii Coach by subscribing for personalized coaching here: https://goqiiapp.page.link/bsr