Are you yearning for a quick snack while ensuring that what you eat is healthy? As always, a potato tikki is your best option but let’s add a protein twist to this basic recipe. Let’s learn how to make delicious sweet potato & chickpea tikkis. Once you try this recipe out, there’s no going back!
What You Will Need
- Boiled chickpeas – 1 cup (soak it for 8 hours and then pressure cook)
- Sweet potato – 1 medium sized
- Carrot – 1 medium (grated)
- Coriander – 1 cup finely chopped
- Flax seed powder – 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Green chilly – 1 finely chopped
- Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for roasting the tikkis
How To Prepare
- Strain the boiled chickpeas to remove the excess water and blend in a mixer. It should be a dry, coarse paste.
- In a mixing bowl, grate the sweet potato and add the chickpea paste along with grated carrot, flax seeds powder and coriander. Give it a gentle mix.
- Add the spices, green chilli, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, salt and chili powder. Use your hands and mix well.
- Apply some oil on your palms and make small flat tikkis.
- Brush some oil on the pan and roast the tikkis. After they turn golden brown and crisp on one side, flip them over and cook till golden brown.
- Your Sweet Potato & Chickpea Tikkis are ready! Enjoy them with a curd dip.
Note: You can use these tikkis to make your burger healthy instead of traditional aloo tikki.
Highlights of the Sweet Potato & Chickpea Tikkis
- It’s the best protein-rich snack to go for as it gives you satiety, taste and a lot of nourishment.
- Sweet potato is a powerhouse of many nutrients like b vitamins, vitamin c, calcium, iron, selenium, etc.
- Chickpeas help you to maintain a healthy lipid profile as they are rich in fiber, phytochemicals, folate and protein.
We hope you enjoy this Sweet Potato & Chickpea Tikkis recipe. Do try it out and leave your feedback in the comments below. For more healthy recipes, check out Healthy Reads or you can ask a GOQii Coach directly, and get the right nutritional advice for you, by subscribing for personalized health coaching here: https://goqiiapp.page.link/bsr