With enough experience of working from home, I’m sure most of us have definitely gotten used to it. But there are days when you’re a little slow, lethargic or just not focused enough to push through all the work that’s on your plate. Well, don’t worry, it is just a matter of eating the right food! Try these awesome brain-boosting snacks which will improve your memory, focus and concentration while working or even studying!
Top 5 Brain-Boosting Snacks
- Nuts: It’s ironic that while referring to someone we perceive as insanely stupid, we call them a nut. While, on the contrary, nuts actually make us more intelligent. They are the powerhouse of omega-3, omega -6, and Vitamin-E! They improve brain functions and help prevent cognitive decline, especially in older adults. Eating nuts as a snacking option is good for your brain as well as for the heart. Eat a fistful of nuts (almonds, walnuts, pistachios, cashews, peanuts) instead of munching unhealthy biscuits, chips, namkeen, etc. during your tea break at home. Do check with your doctor before you do, in case you’re allergic to nuts.
- Pumpkin Seeds: are richer in zinc among other seeds. These seeds include other valuable nutrients like magnesium, copper, and iron which enhance memory and reduce stress. They are the precursor to the good mood chemical called serotonin and contain very powerful antioxidants that protect the brain from free radicals. Toss them with your nuts or sprinkle over salads, soup, smoothies, etc.
- Blueberries: are my favourite! They provide numerous health benefits for our brain. They are anti-inflammatory and antioxidant-rich, which helps improve communication among brain cells and improves brain memory. Many studies have suggested that the consumption of blueberries may be effective in improving or delaying short-term memory loss. You can also add blueberries in your breakfast cereal, smoothies, etc.
- Whole Eggs: are great for brain power as they are a rich source of several nutrients that are linked with brain health. Many brain-boosting compounds like choline, vitamin B6 and B12 are found in eggs. Hard-boiled eggs or scrambled eggs are a wonderful snack option in the evening for busy workdays.
- Dark Chocolates: are packed with brain-boosting compounds like flavonoids – which boost memory and mood. As a well-known brain food and mood booster, it’s no wonder that people who eat dark chocolate experience increased positive feelings and better performance in mental tasks. Have it any time you feel unhappy, low, depressed or find yourself in between excess work pressure and don’t forget to share it with your loved ones. Remember though – moderation is key!
All the above brain-boosting snacks are not fried. Avoid nuts with salt. These can easily be consumed and are available as well! So let’s boost brain power and make working from home more effective and enjoyable!
For more tips on nutrition, do visit GOQii Play and learn from experts!
Stay home, stay safe, eat right and #BeTheForce