It’s the season to be jolly and nothing is jollier than a freshly baked homemade cake! As we slowly step towards the New Year, it would be awesome to end 2022 on a healthy note. So let’s bake our own healthy and delicious eggless Dates and Walnut Cake! It’s a dense, rich cake which provides you with healthy fats and nutrition.
This is a recipe we’re sure your family will enjoy!
What You Will Need
- Dates – 1 cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1.5 cup
- Roughly Chopped Walnuts – ½ cup
- Coffee – ½ tsp
- Cinnamon Powder – ½ tsp
- Olive Oil – 100 ml
- Baking powder – ½ tsp
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
How to Prepare
- Soak coffee in a little water.
- Soak Dates in hot milk for 2-3 hours until they soften. Then grind the dates + milk into a fine paste in a mixer.
- Take the date paste out in a mixing bowl and add olive oil to it.
- Sieve the whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, coffee, cinnamon powder & salt and mix well with the dates puree using whisker.
- Now, add the chopped walnuts in the batter and gently fold them within. The cake batter is ready for further process.
From here on, there are two ways you can go. One with a Steamer and the other with an Oven.
- Add a cup of salt in an idli steamer and place a plate or vessel in it and close the steamer.
- Preheat the steamer for 10 minutes at high flame.
- Transfer the cake batter in a properly greased pan and keep it inside the steamer.
- Cook the cake in the steamer at low – medium flame for 30-35 mins.
- Preheat the oven for 10 min.
- Transfer the cake batter in a greased mould and bake it for 35 to 40 min at 180 degree Celsius.
- Your cake is ready!
Highlights of the Dates and Walnut Cake
- Definitely, a cake with no unhealthy fats, giving you the satiety of eating a dessert.
- Dates make it nourishing for the guests as it is packed with a host of heart-healthy nutrients.
- Most importantly, it is absolutely yummy!
Before you begin preparing this wholesome dates and walnuts cake, check with your doctor for any allergies you might have. For more tasty and healthy recipes, check out Healthy Reads or ask your GOQii Coach by subscribing for Personalised Health Coaching here: https://goqiiapp.page.link/bsr