Today, let’s look at an extremely flexible recipe where you can use the veggies of your choice or based on what is available with you. These Golden Vegetable Bites will take a little time, but they’re definitely worth the wait. Here’s your go-to Golden Vegetable Bites that are fit for a snack as well as a meal.
What You Will Need
- Water: 2 cups
- Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
- Grated carrot: ½ cup
- Peas: ½ cup
- Grated ginger: 1 tsp
- Green chillies (finely chopped): 3-4
- Curry leaves: 4-5
- Roasted semolina: ½ cup
- Chopped onion: ½ cup
- Boiled + grated potato: ½ cup
- Shredded paneer: ½ cup
- Chopped coriander: ½ cup
- Salt as per taste
- Red chilli powder: ½ tsp
- Turmeric: ½ tsp
- Garam masala: 1 tsp
- Chat masala: ½ tsp
- Lime juice: 1 tsp
- Rice flour: 3 tbsp
How To Prepare
- Heat a pan and add 2 cups of water. Add in jeera and boil for a few minutes.
- After the water starts boiling, add the carrot, peas, ginger, green chillies and curry leaves. Let it cook for 2-3 min.
- Pour ½ cup of roasted semolina, stir well and let it soak the water. Stir continuously.
- Cook the semolina for a while and then add salt with ½ cup of onions. Make a medium-thick consistency.
- Off the flame and mix in potatoes, paneer, coriander, salt, lemon along with masalas.
- In the same mixer, add rice flour for binding and mix well.
- Now take a tray and grease it well with oil or apply greased butter paper on the tray. Spread the mixer over the tray and let it be of medium width, not too thin and not too thick. Keep this in the fridge for 1 hour.
- After an hour take it out and cut it into squares using a sharp knife.
- Now heat a pan and brush some oil, put the veggie squares on it to roast.
- Once golden brown, flip the side and cook it well. Once it is brown on both sides, take them out.
- Enjoy it with green chutney.
Highlights of the Golden Vegetable Bites
- Gives you the required satiety and a great variety for a snack.
- A good combination of protein, fiber and carbs.
- Easy to make with minimum ingredients.
- You can also add a little bit of cheese!
We hope you enjoy this recipe and do let us know your thoughts and experience in the comments below! For more healthy recipes, check out Healthy Reads or ask a GOQii Coach for customized meals to suit your health goal by subscribing for personalised health coaching here: https://goqiiapp.page.link/bsr
Eat Healthy and #BeTheForce