Monsoons entice you and increase your cravings for street food. But these cravings can come at a cost. During monsoons, food and water are the two things that get contaminated easily. This eventually leads to diseases such as diarrhea, since this season is a time for germs and bacteria to breed in large numbers. To help you out, here are some tips to help you prevent diarrhea during monsoons.
Tips To Prevent Diarrhea During Monsoons
- Drink boiled water
- Wash your hands before you eat
- Avoid outside food and go for homemade hygienic food.
- If you are eating in a restaurant, avoid leafy vegetables as you can’t be sure if it is cleaned properly
- Always eat well cleaned and washed vegetables and avoid leftover food
- Do not eat fish as it is breeding time and there are chances that you might get a stomach upset or an infection
- Avoid getting wet in the rains as much as you can to avoid all the bacteria around you
As our body is susceptible to infections, taking some precautions is good, but in case you do get diarrhea, here are few things you can do:
- Boil water and drink throughout day as diarrhea dehydrates the body
- Do not have solid food. Eat a clear, liquid food initially
- In case of less severe diarrhea, cooked rice and curd can be included gradually after a liquid diet
- Drink lots of warm herbal teas, especially with antibacterial properties such as basil leaves, ginger, pepper and honey
- Digestion process is slow during monsoon because of the humidity in atmosphere, so eat moderately only when you are hungry
- Include antioxidant rich foods such as green tea, fresh fruits and nuts to fight against infections
We hope this article helps you. Do let us know your thoughts in the comments below. For more tips on getting healthier during monsoons, check out Healthy Reads or get these tips directly from your GOQii Coach by subscribing for personalised health coaching here: https://goqiiapp.page.link/bsr
regime citron says
I’m gone to inform my little brother, that he should also
go to see this web site on regular basis to get updated from most recent news.
Thanks… It is really informative blog post….
This text is worth everyone’s attention. How can I find out
salmon dog treats says
I visit every day some web pages and sites to read articles or reviews, however this website offers feature based posts.
If some one desires expert view regarding running
a blog afterward i suggest him/her to pay a visit this weblog,
Keep up the pleasant job.
Briana F says
I know nature has the power to heal anything. I was diagnosed with Herpes for the past 7 years but ((robinsonbuckler @ yahoo)). com cured me with his herbs and i referred my Sister and her husband to him immediately because they were both suffering from herpes but to God be the glory, they were cured too .I know is hard to believe but am a living testimony. There is no harm trying herbs. He is also a spell caster, he cast spell to restore broken marriages