I was quite shocked to find that every 1 out of 5 of my clients was suffering from stress. After digging a little deeper, I found that the root of their problems, the most common factor causing stress was Expectation!
Any form of expectation that isn’t fulfilled turns into a negative thought process that can either cause stress or depression. Be it a job, a boss, colleagues, family or friends, any expectation can sometimes lead to disappointment. It isn’t necessary that we get all the symptoms of depression every time. If something constantly hurts you or stops you from thinking anything else, you are stressed!
If you feel like there is nothing you can do in a stressful situation, here are 7 surefire ways to beat stress!
7 Ways to Beat Stress
- Breathe Deep & Let Go: Spiritual Masters often say – Forgive everyone and yourself, accept everyone and yourself, love everyone and yourself. Whenever you go through any bad experience, take a deep breath and tell this to yourself.
- Set a Goal: Spend half an hour with yourself every day. Do any of your favorite activity in those 30 minutes. If I ask you what’s your hobby and nothing comes to your mind, you need to spend 60 minutes for yourself.
- Bunk: Sounds immature? Once in 6 months, I strongly recommend that you bunk your routine. Go out with your loved ones, do what you love or explore new places. When you return to your routine, you will be recharged.
- Make a Memory Box: It can either be your hard disk or a physical box. Store all the memories worth cherishing in the form of papers, photographs, videos or objects. Go through this memory box regularly to cherish positive memories and be happy!
- Treat Yourself: You don’t need to prove anything to anyone as long as you are giving your best. When you feel exhausted, take a break. You should be the first one to reward yourself and value your work. It could be in the form of your favorite dish (don’t overdo it), a favorite activity or a pass time.
- Say No to Negativity: Never entertain negative thoughts. Whenever you get negative thoughts, divert your mind with positivity. Meditation, singing, dancing, a conversation, or anything else – pick whatever is available and possible.
- Smile: You look your best when you smile. Spread the charm everywhere!
Which of these 7 ways to beat stress did you like the most? Do you have queries? Share them all in the comments below!