If you woke up this morning thinking about eating eggs, then you’ve come to the right place. Like with all my other recipes, I’m going to be putting a twist on traditional eggs by making a full meal out of them using veggies and healthy carbs. While sandwiches are considered to be a “shortcut breakfast”, this Masala Egg Sandwich is best eaten as a meal!
What You Will Need
- Boiled eggs – 2 whole
- Wheat bread/ multigrain bread – 4 slices
- Onion – 1 big finely chopped
- Tomato – 1 big finely chopped
- Coriander finely chopped – ¼ cup
- Garlic ginger paste – 1 tbsp
- Cheese – 1 cube
- Few onion slices
- Few capsicum slices
- Green chutney – 2 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric – ½ tsp
- Garam masala – ½ tsp
- Jeera powder – ½ tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
How To Prepare
- Heat a pan, add oil and allow the ginger garlic paste to saute.
- Once done, add in the onion and cook for a while until translucent.
- Throw in the tomatoes, coriander and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add the spices, chilli powder, turmeric, salt and garam masala. Give it a quick mix.
- Mix some water and allow this to cook for a few minutes.
- Chop the boiled eggs into small pieces and add them to the pan. Allow it to cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Turn the flame off and your egg masala is ready!
- Take 2 bread slices, layer both with green chutney. Add the egg masala, top it up with sliced onions, capsicum and shredded cheese (1/2 cube). Sprinkle some chat masala and cover with another slice of bread. Repeat the process to make another sandwich.
- Heat a flat pan, brush some oil and place the sandwich on it for a grill. After it is golden brown on one side, flip it over and cook the other side.
- Cut the sandwich into 4 pieces and serve hot with chutney or ketchup.
Note: you can use chopped paneer or tofu cubes instead of eggs.
Highlights of the Masala Egg Sandwich:
- A great balanced meal, easy to make and a twist to a regular meal.
- Gives you satiety and a punch of vitamins.
- It has a good amount of proteins as well!
We hope you enjoyed this Masala Egg Sandwich recipe. Is there something different you do while cooking eggs? Let us know in the comments below!
For more awesome recipes, check out Healthy Reads or ask your GOQii Coach by subscribing for personalized health coaching here: https://goqiiapp.page.link/bsr
Stay home, stay safe, eat healthy and #BeTheForce