The Coronavirus pandemic seemed far away from us until a few weeks ago and now, it has created intense volatility in every aspect of our life. With uncertainty looming, the general sense of fear is widespread. It is imperative to maintain emotional wellness now!
But before I get into the topic, let me narrate a story:
Once Shri Krishna and Balrama were passing through a jungle full of fierce animals and demons. Suddenly from nowhere, a demon sprung in front of them. It gazed its eyes upon Balrama.
Balrama asked him, “Who are you?”
The Demon replied, “I am a demon the size of your fear”.
Hearing this, Balrama got petrified and the more he feared, the bigger the demon grew. Finally, when he could handle no more, Balrama fainted. Now the demon turned towards Shri Krishna, yelling at him “I am a demon the size of your fear”. Shri Krishna did not bother and continued to play his flute. The demon turned smaller and smaller until it vanished.
Tips to Maintain Emotional Wellness
Yes, the time is uncertain and yes, there can be a number of reasons to worry or fear all day. But fear/worry and anxiety are negative emotions. They make us vulnerable and lower our immunity, the same immunity which will keep us safe from the infection so prevalent all around.
So let your faith conquer over your fear in these uncertain times. Hence, I request you to prioritise your current time to:
- Relax: Stay away from constant news updates. Instead, invest your free time in music, dance, painting or anything that you like.
- Believe in the power of positive emotions such as kindness, honesty and contentment. Meditate once a day to feel the power of these positive emotions.
- Open up: Do not bottle yourself up. Speaking your thoughts out loud, sharing what goes on in your mind helps to release the tension from within. Share your thoughts with your GOQii coach if need be.
- Stay in the company of positive people or be the positive influencer for people around you.
- Accept and Let Go: When it gets really tough, breathe deeply, use the mantra “this too shall pass”, to make yourself resilient and accepting.
I hope and sincerely do, you will not let yourself be vulnerable, neither physically nor emotionally! If you need to talk to someone, reach out to a close friend or your GOQii Coach or Expert. We are here to help you!
For sessions on emotional health and how to remain calm during these times, you can also tune in to sessions on emotional wellness on GOQii Play.