What makes your morning better? Is it the bright morning sun, ushering a new day with its warm rays? Or the melodious chirping of birds? Is it the fresh aromas of flowers or morning dew? If you thought of a freshly brewed cup of coffee, a newspaper and sitting under a blue sky, then we have a lot in common!
Yes, I orchestrate my mornings with Coffee! If coffee is bad and me being a nutritionist, might have you wondering why I am starting my day with it? Well, today I am writing to make you believe that, “A bad day with coffee is better than a good day without it!”
Surprisingly, coffee has some amazing hidden benefits which we don’t often address. Apart from the warmth, the energy spike, and the freshness, there are a lot more benefits that coffee beans offer.
Let’s Brew the Hidden Benefits of Coffee
- Keeps the Body Cells Healthy: Sipping coffee every morning is like flooding our body with antioxidants that help eliminate free radicals. Not every antioxidant has this power. Only Coffee antioxidants are blessed with the ability to fight and delay the death of cells, so keep sipping!
- Digestion of Carbs Gets Easier: Coffee and carbohydrates work really well together. Few chemicals in coffee beans help the body turn those wonderful bread nutrients into energy. Also, antioxidants such as chlorogenic acid, quinic acid are found in coffee that help the body process and utilize carbs effectively. Isn’t it wonderful! Now we know why coffee and sandwiches makes the best pair! It’s all scientific.
- Sip to Kick Stress & Depression Away: Caffeine has an impact on neurotransmitters in the brain including the “feel good” hormones serotonin and dopamine. The mental boost we get after the first sip of coffee is not all due to caffeine.
- Aids Hair Growth: Growth promoting effects of caffeine on human hair follicles encourages hair growth in both men and women. Caffeine helps to block the effects of DHT, the chemical hormone responsible for hair loss.
- Improves Performance on Tracks: Sipping coffee as a pre workout allows muscles to better convert fat to fuel, thus making you more energized. Try this amazing bulletproof coffee recipe, made popular by our Founder and CEO Vishal Gondal! Trust me, it does wonders!
- Coffee-licious Daily Scrub: What else to ask for? Coffee does wonders as an exfoliant! Mix fresh or grounded coffee beans with olive oil or coconut oil, and scrub to get clean and softer skin.
- Good to the Liver: A cup of coffee a day, keeps cirrhosis away. Yes! That is true! Researchers say that coffee protects the liver and reduces the chances for cirrhosis by 80%.
- Green Coffee is a Multitasker: Green coffee is unroasted coffee beans that grow on the coffee plant, called Coffea Arabica. It is rich in antioxidant, increases metabolic rate from 3% to 11%, encouraging weight loss. It is also a natural detox, and controls unnecessary food cravings and stops us from overeating.
- White Coffee is NEW in Town: White Coffee comes from the same hard green coffee beans that regular coffee comes from. Not to be confused with the creamy coffee we get in coffee shops, this one is different. The main differences between the two are in the roasting process, time of roasting, and the result/flavor. White Coffee has up to 50% more caffeine, but is less acidic which makes it easy on the stomach and retains more antioxidants.
Do these awesome hidden benefits of coffee make you feel like brewing a cup? Just remember that having anything in excess is bad for your health. Drinking too much coffee may do more harm than good. So limit your coffee intake to only 2 cups a day and avoid sipping on coffee after 8 PM or it may end up hampering your sleep.
We wish you all a happy International Coffee Day! How do you enjoy your coffee? Tell us in the comments below.