Are you getting the most out of your breakfast? Do you find it difficult to make it more nutritious? Today, let’s take a healthy twist on the normal wheat paratha! Let’s try a Vegetable Stuffed Ragi Paratha which will give your body a punch of calcium along with required minerals!
It is slightly different in color, but definitely worth the try!
What You Will Need:
- Ragi Flour – 1 cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Cooked Peas – ½ cup
- Shredded Carrot – ½ cup
- Jeera – ¼ tsp
- Mustard Seeds – ¼ tsp
- Ginger Finely Chopped – 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves Chopped – 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Coriander Leaves Chopped – 2 tbsp
- Green Chillies – 1-2
- Plastic paper
- Salt to taste
How To Prepare
Vegetable stuffing preparation:
- In a mixture blender, add boiled peas, jeera, green chilies and make a coarse paste.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and allow it to crackle, then add ginger & curry leaves and fry it for few seconds.
- Once done, add the green peas mixture, carrot and salt. If the mixture seems dry, add a little water and sauté for a while.
- Now switch off the flame and add lemon juice along with coriander.
- Put a pan on flame and add 1 cup of water in it along with salt. Once hot, add the Ragi flour and switch off the flame.
- Mix thoroughly with a spatula and allow the flour to rest for 5-7 mins.
- Knead the mixture well to make a soft dough after resting it.
- Make equal quantity of balls from the dough and flatten them.
- Dust a flattened ball in flour and roll it into a thin paratha on a plastic paper. Repeat the process for all balls.
- Now take one Ragi paratha, place the vegetable stuffing over it and spread evenly.
- Slightly wet the edges of the paratha and place another paratha over it and seal the edges by wetting your fingers.
- Dust with flour and slightly roll the paratha.
- Now heat a pan, brush some oil and allow the paratha to cook.
- Once golden brown, flip and allow it to cook on the other side.
- Your healthy, hot Vegetable Stuffed Ragi Paratha is ready! Serve it along with some raita.
Highlights of the Vegetable Stuffed Ragi Paratha
- It’s a good switch from regular breakfast and it is quite nourishing for children too.
- The wonderful combination of vegetables provides beta carotene and antioxidants.
- Ragi is great for reducing blood cholesterol, managing blood sugar and aids weight loss too.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Do try it out and leave your thoughts in the comments below! For more delicious recipes with Ragi, click here! To get access to more healthier recipes and advice on nutrition, consult a GOQii Coach by subscribing for personalized health coaching here: https://goqiiapp.page.link/bsr