Want to stock up on your winter protein supply? We’ve got you covered with these simple, healthy, no bake, sugar-free homemade protein bars. You can make these protein bars using ingredients available in your kitchen. It is quick and quite suited for winters!
What You Will Need
- Dates – 1 cup
- Hot water – 1 cup
- Almonds – ½ cup
- Cashews – ½ cup
- Walnuts – ½ cup
- Pistachio – ½ cup
- Rolled oats – ¼ cup
- Desiccated coconut – ½ cup
- Flax seeds – 1 tbsp
- Pumpkin seeds – 1 tbsp
- Sesame seeds – 1 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp
- Jaggery powder – 2 tbsp
How To Prepare
- In a bowl, add the dates and hot water and soak the dates for 1-2 hours until it softens. Once soft, remove the seeds and blend it in a mixture to a fine, smooth paste.
- Heat a pan and add almonds, cashews, pistachio, walnuts, oats, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds. Dry roast this for 5-7 minutes until they turn crisp and slight golden.
- Time to add the desiccated coconut in the pan and sauté just for 1-2 minutes and remove all the contents in a bowl.
- In the same pan, add the dates paste and allow it to cook for 5 minutes until the paste thickens and loses some moisture.
- Now add the roasted nuts and seeds mixture to the dates paste and season it with cardamom powder, cinnamon powder & also add the jaggery powder. Mix it well until everything comes together.
- Grease a mithai tray or plate with some ghee/ oil and spread the mixture uniformly. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours until it sets completely and using a knife, cut it into bars and enjoy!
Highlights Of The Homemade Protein Bars
- Power packed with energy, micronutrients, minerals, fiber and healthy fats.
- A perfect guilt free, sugar free, preservative free alternative to granola bars and energy bars.
- A great way to start the day in winter, it is filling and keeps your sweet cravings away.
- Works as a perfect post workout snack.
We hope you enjoy this Protein Bars recipe. Do try it out and leave your feedback in the comments below. For more healthy recipes, check out Healthy Reads or tune in to cooking sessions on GOQii Play.
Eat healthy and #BeTheForce