It has been well over 2 months now that people have been working from home because of the lockdown and to ensure safety from the COVID-19 pandemic. It won’t come as a surprise if working from home becomes the norm in a post-COVID world. While there are some people who have adapted to this lifestyle, there are others who are possibly struggling with the work from home model due to several reasons not limited to lack of communication, stress, work-life balance being disrupted and so on. As the lockdown may continue, it is a fact that this process of working from home has turned everyone’s routine upside down.
Changes Due To Working From Home
- A lot many people are unable to meet their work deadlines which are impacting their overall performance level
- Because of the entirely new set up, a lot of people are getting stressed as this is beyond their comfort zone
- A majority of the population has become too lazy to work on time.
- People end up spending more time working and mess their sleep routines. The cycle of disturbed routine goes on to the next day as well.
Easy Tips To Strike A Work-Life Balance
Here are some effective ways in which you can keep your work-life balance under control in the current situation.
- Start your day at the same time every day. This means both the wake-up time and the time to start your work
- Get ready early to feel energetic
- Sit for your work at such a place where you will feel fresh or simply choose a favourite corner of the house which will make you feel like working
- Schedule your resting & eating break before starting your work
- You may simplify this by eating meals at the same time what you used to maintain at the workplace
- Take a walk inside the house in between your work just to relax your mind and body
- You may set a two-hour alarm on your phone & get up from the place and take a walk inside the house for two minutes. This will help you to increase your step counts easily and will make you feel fresh
- Avoid doing household work “Ghar ka Kam” in the middle of working hours
- Finish your work every day at the same time or just shut down your dashboard & create that work-life balance for yourself by maintaining the time
- Keep some healthy snack options ready. Choose options simply like roasted home-made snacks: puffed rice and chana (or) poha and chana (or) puffed jowar/bajra with chana or khakhra or mixed nuts trail or frozen yoghurt. Well, one may simply choose to have a fruit with chana or nuts or buttermilk or milk as per the availability
- If you are the one who cooks, then make sure that you pre-plan your day in terms of planning the meal options to be cooked for the next day
- Try to arrange those ingredients a day before making the dish, this will bring in more free time and it will reduce the stress of thinking what to cook and arrange ingredients for the same while you work
Lastly but most important point is to be strict with yourself to follow these tips to get a work-life balance in your life and enjoy the phase of being at home all day. We hope these tips on working from home help you. Do leave your thoughts in the comments below.
For more such useful tips, check out the GOQii Blog or tune in to experts on GOQii Play.
Stay home, stay safe and #BeTheForce